306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Painting outside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, just wondering if it really is a bad idea to do rust treatment on my 6 at this time of the year.

I want a really good long lasting job but dont have a heated garage atm.

When it comes to the underside and engine bay, im not fussed (to a degree) about the finish but require the protection, and now is the time that everything is out of the engine bay.

Can I get by or is it a really bad idea.

Thanks guys Smile
Should be fine mate, depends on what paint/protection your using
Shouldn't really paint out in the cold. Will end up with a misty orange peel finish.
If i was you, concentrate on the underside and get it undercoated then look at doing some bodywork in the spring/summer
Ahh i thought he ment underside rust prevention, certainly wouldnt be attempting bodywork in this weather, too cold, too much moisture in air
Hi Niall, thanks for the info. Really didnt want to hear that but your right.

Just wanted to get it all done while everything was out. Might end up getting a gazebo with a wee storage heater, although thats far from ideal Sad

I meant both engine bay and underside. thanks for the reply Jimbo Smile
If your planning on doing the engine bay or something like that, id happily do that. Like you say, gazebo and a storage heater (leave the heater running till that paint is dry!!) because the finish in the bay doesn't need to be mint. Body panels though, i wouldn't!!
Ok Niall, cheers for that Smile

If I get an exterior respray or panel spray of any kind, thats getting left to a professional anyway.

I just want to get my mess of a bay sorted before I put the recon engine back in.

(07-11-2014, 08:16 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh i thought he ment underside rust prevention, certainly wouldnt be attempting bodywork in this weather, too cold, too much moisture in air

Really not a fan of estates Jimbo, but yours looks pretty sweet. I would be happy to roll in yours Smile
(07-11-2014, 08:33 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Niall, cheers for that Smile

If I get an exterior respray or panel spray of any kind, thats getting left to a professional anyway.

I just want to get my mess of a bay sorted before I put the recon engine back in.

(07-11-2014, 08:16 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Ahh i thought he ment underside rust prevention, certainly wouldnt be attempting bodywork in this weather, too cold, too much moisture in air

Really not a fan of estates Jimbo, but yours looks pretty sweet. I would be happy to roll in yours Smile

Haha cheers mate, trying to make a family car look good Wink
(07-11-2014, 09:15 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2014, 08:33 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Niall, cheers for that Smile

Haha cheers mate, trying to make a family car look good Wink

Mission accomplished:-)
Painting bits outside is fine as long as it isn't cold, which it is. Big Grin

All of the painting in my project thread has been done outdoors as long as the temperature is mild.

Obviously not bodywork though.
Just the engine bay and underside mate. Getting a gazebo and a storage heater Smile