306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: C*nting door speakers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any front door speakers which are a direct fit?

I've bought some edge speakers and they don't fit in the hole. I bought speaker adapters, the adapters don't fit the doo.

Tried soo many different ways to try and fit them in getting pissed off
FLI Comp 6s are a straight fit. Apart from the soldering of wires, fitting the cross overs and tweeters.

I think you can buy just the woofer as a comp5 or something.
Might wanna check your title! lol

Also, most speakers require a small amount of door card trimmed off to fit, it's not seen though, just the 'stepped' part inside the hole.
the FLIs fit fine but I wouldnt recommend them. The Focal 165Vs i have are amazing but require spacers and you cant fit the original grille over them.
Ok, was hoping not to chop the door card.

Might just sell these on and buy the fli's
Its a completely useless part of the door card though...you can still refit original speakers with it cut and cant see it without removing speaker first.
I chopped out mine with a stanley blade, took 5 mins, like a knife through butter!
(07-11-2014, 05:20 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]the FLIs fit fine but I wouldnt recommend them. The Focal 165Vs i have are amazing but require spacers and you cant fit the original grille over them.

I've got the Focals in mine. Took a fair bit if chopping with a Dremel and a pair of adaptors, those Focals are deep! I got the adaptors that come with the wiring extensions saving you chopping the original connector off, except I'd already chopped them off!

I might have a spare set of the adaptors kicking about.
I had Rainbows. Bought 25mm mdf spacer rings and had to cut out the plastic. Just make slices in it the snap it with pliers. Easy enough if u can be bothered. Get some dynamat around the holes at the same time Wink
Hey guys iam new here and I from Egypt I was have Peugeot 205 and I sell it and I think to buy Peugeot 306 but I don't know which model I choose ?? Sorry I don't speak English well
Thanks,Heart

(09-11-2014, 12:48 AM)Tito MaX Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys iam new here and I from Egypt I was have Peugeot 205 and I sell it and I think to buy Peugeot 306 but I don't know which model I choose ?? Sorry I don't speak English well
Thanks,Heart
Alpine SXE-1725S are a direct fit. Not bad replacement. Not as good as fli etc I don't think but still a good cheap upgrade.

(09-11-2014, 12:48 AM)Tito MaX Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys iam new here and I from Egypt I was have Peugeot 205 and I sell it and I think to buy Peugeot 306 but I don't know which model I choose ?? Sorry I don't speak English well
Thanks,Heart

Thanks,Heart

Not really the right place to put this pal. But.. Depends if you want a diesel get an HDi. Xuds are okay but I would suggest an hdi.

Petrol there are many options but the best is the gti-6 then the xsi then the 1.8. I would stay away from the tu 8v engines personally.
Got some fli comp 6 for sale if you interested inbox me
I gave fitting the speakers another go.

Trimmed the plastic away and they still wouldn't fit, so I bashed a bit of the door metal back top and bottom and one is in!

Ran out of light so doing other tomorrow along with fitting the solid rear beam mounts