306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: **Wanted** the ribbon from behind a set of DT clocks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The above for ph2 DT clocks with a rev counter, my dials work when they want to so I think it's a broken ribbon behind my clocks and will be quicker than electrical diagnosis, all my sensors work and think this maybe a quicker win..fingers crossed!!

Price to post to bs3
Still!?
silverzx Wrote:Still!?

yes, i've only just got around to posting a wanted add lmao
are they different to a ph1? got a set of ph1 clocks, dunno the condition tho...
I'm not sure mate, unless someone else knows?
im sure someone will be along to let us know haha

if they are the same, youre welcome to them, of no use to me and i cant confirm if they work or not
Does the dials have a rev counter, i.e. DT spec dials?

well if they're of no use to you, could you carefully remove the plastic strip on the back (with the copper tracks) and post them to me?
i think so... they came off an XTDT, ill go check in a bit, then have a look at removing the ribbon and see what state its in. watch this space lol
cheers fella Smile
dug em out, they do indeed have a rev counter, ripped them apart too, all the tracks seem to be complete. ill leave them on the white plastic bit to make sure they stay intact and ill post em out. pm me your address then ill let you know how much postage is. ill chuck in a the clips that i managed to not break, no doubt youll break one or two, so you'll have a few spares Smile
samass Wrote:dug em out, they do indeed have a rev counter, ripped them apart too, all the tracks seem to be complete. ill leave them on the white plastic bit to make sure they stay intact and ill post em out. pm me your address then ill let you know how much postage is. ill chuck in a the clips that i managed to not break, no doubt youll break one or two, so you'll have a few spares Smile

Bring to ace, I can bring it back
Connor Wrote:
samass Wrote:dug em out, they do indeed have a rev counter, ripped them apart too, all the tracks seem to be complete. ill leave them on the white plastic bit to make sure they stay intact and ill post em out. pm me your address then ill let you know how much postage is. ill chuck in a the clips that i managed to not break, no doubt youll break one or two, so you'll have a few spares Smile

Bring to ace, I can bring it back

^^^ That would be great Smile
alrighty, ill stick in it in the boot with everything else haha
what bit is the "ribbon" as i think ill replace that on mine as a cheaper alternative for now....
pics if possible Smile
its the plastic sheet bit at the back with all the copper tracks on it, can get a pic later if you need
ben87 Wrote:what bit is the "ribbon" as i think ill replace that on mine as a cheaper alternative for now....
pics if possible Smile

Ben, that's what I was telling you to replace first as its cheap and no messing around changing clocks and wire diagnosis..it make solve it as a garage I know did all the diagnostics, changed the ribbon after hours and hours and it solved it
any news on a pic of this ribbon and has it worked for you?
Sorry man, totally forgot about the pic!

[Image: 2012-04-19184830.jpg]
either way i got to buy some clocks to get this bloody piece haha..cheers fella

ebay is calling!
ben is this for your hdi? if so it wont fit as hdi ph3 clocks are circuitboard based Wink
yea i know ours are circuit based which is what has completely thrown me bout people mentioning the ribbon..ill grab a pair of clocks anyway and see if it helps or not as power seems to be back but speedo is useless
samass Wrote:Sorry man, totally forgot about the pic!

[Image: 2012-04-19184830.jpg]

now post it sam lol
Have you got around to posting the above yet Sam? lol
Tomorrow! I promise lol. Ill wrap it tonight then post it on the way to uni first thing!
Ha ha just reminding myself at the same time as you...I'm old and my memory is shite lol
haha furry muff, im young (ish) and my memory is shite!