306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Phase 2 bonnet on a ph3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says are they a straight swap?

Seem almost identical

Best check with the dudes in the know first before purchasing Tongue
Yup ThumbsUp

Colours may not match though!
(01-11-2014, 09:25 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Yup ThumbsUp

Colours may not match though!

Surely moonstones moonstone right? Wrong?
lmao

Rofl

Sorry, still laughing, hurts so bad. Ive had 3 bonnets and 2 wings on mine so far. All different shades!!

In fact in my signature you can see the front door doesnt quite match the back...and thats standard paint job, no repairs or replacement doors etc. I rekon they ran out of paint halfway and remixed a bad batch!
(01-11-2014, 09:44 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]lmao

Rofl

Sorry, still laughing, hurts so bad. Ive had 3 bonnets and 2 wings on mine so far. All different shades!!

In fact in my signature you can see the front door doesnt quite match the back...and thats standard paint job, no repairs or replacement doors etc. I rekon they ran out of paint halfway and remixed a bad batch!

Very true have to be a bit careful then cheers Smile
I've swapped many diablo parts between ph.2 and ph.3 and never noticed colour differences nor hand anyone comment that they could see any.

Just be careful and eye it up and it will be fine. If you tell people you've swapped some parts they will always think that they can see a difference.
If the bonnets moonstone it will be ph3 anyway
Yeah Peugeot did loads of shades of their colours. Also remember the design of the bonnet between ph2 and ph3 is slightly different. The bulge on the ph3 is bigger.
(02-11-2014, 09:25 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Peugeot did loads of shades of their colours. Also remember the design of the bonnet between ph2 and ph3 is slightly different. The bulge on the ph3 is bigger.

This.. My diablo you can notice the colour difference slightly
(02-11-2014, 09:20 AM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]If the bonnets moonstone it will be ph3 anyway

This...

Probably Provence if its ph2... Confused
Diablo has the biggest range of shades. As Niall has said the bulge is bigger on a phase 3.
(02-11-2014, 09:20 AM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]If the bonnets moonstone it will be ph3 anyway

The fella is advertising it as ph2 tho his mistake?
looks like moonstone to me!
(02-11-2014, 08:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]looks like moonstone to me!

That make it ph3?
(02-11-2014, 08:19 PM)pugdan95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2014, 08:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]looks like moonstone to me!

That make it ph3?

moonstone is a phase 3 only colour so unless someone has had a phase 2 bonnet sprayed it should be the right one. itll fit anyway. Colour looks to be moonstone in that pic! Ask the seller for the paint code if you are unsure!
Technically he is right as there only ever was a phase 1 and 2, phase 3 was invented by the forums but yes it will fit and is a 'phase 3' bonnet anyway
(03-11-2014, 12:46 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]Technically he is right as there only ever was a phase 1 and 2, phase 3 was invented by the forums but yes it will fit and is a 'phase 3' bonnet anyway

Ph3:

Different engines, interiors, bumpers, bonnet, colours, lights....

How is that not a different phase?! I guess its a ph2 facelift if your being technical.
(03-11-2014, 07:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2014, 12:46 AM)HDi--Power Wrote: [ -> ]Technically he is right as there only ever was a phase 1 and 2, phase 3 was invented by the forums but yes it will fit and is a 'phase 3' bonnet anyway

Ph3:

Different engines, interiors, bumpers, bonnet, colours, lights....

How is that not a different phase?! I guess its a ph2 facelift if your being technical.

Technically no though..facelifts just tend to be..well facelifted lol. A ph1 to a ph2 is more of a facelift compared to ph2 to ph3 imo.. Like you said a ph3 is what 80% different?
Yes phase 3 as its called was only ever a face lift version of the phase 2, there are lots of different parts yes but Peugeot never regarded it as being a different phase, hence why there is only Peugeot 306 and 306 R on service box for example. But it does make it easier for people to understand if its just called a phase 3 Big Grin probably why it was coined as such
Anyone with servicebox will know phases don't exist...

After 97 it becomes the 306 Restyling... Or facelift for us non-French... Tongue So technically ph2 is the facelift!

Facelifts and phases are daft anyway tbf... My Focus is known as a mark 2.5....yet every body panel is different from the mk2, as is most of the interior... lol