306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Sticky doorcard plastics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or are all doorcards made of sticky plastic?
My half leather interior was the same and now my new cloth interior/doorcards are the same.

Cleaned them with multiple types of cleaner to no avail
Errrr no, it's just you lol
It's my 2nd set of doorcards, thought it couldn't be just coincidence.
I guess it is just me then lol
Never known it myself mate, maybe some shitty plastic back to black stuff
I get this, I used WD40
They do go sticky around the handle...its bacterial growth when they're used a lot then not touched for a while. Happens with steering wheels and handbrake handles as well on cars that haven't moved for a while. Confused

I find a lot of anti-bac wipes helps lol.
Yeah it's only around the handle area and past the mirror switch where it gets towards the dash. I've tried loads of wipes and cleaner, wd40 is next!
Hot soapy water and a micro fibre cloth.

If that fails, brake cleaner
my steering wheels hella sticky so much so my hand sticks to it Dodgy will try some ideas on here wd40 sounds like it will do the trick..
WD40 sounds like it'll just make it slippery, not sure that's useful on a steering wheel... Confused
(01-11-2014, 09:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]WD40 sounds like it'll just make it slippery, not sure that's useful on a steering wheel... Confused

lol yer fair point but its a pretty good cleaner and the slippyness should evaporate quick enough..
on the look out for a s16 wheel anyways so shouldn't be much of a problem