306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Can you identify this part please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right guys the part in question looks like some sort of breather pipe for possibly crankcase ventilation? It is the pipe that comes from some sort of valve block on the front of the inlet manifold up to the rocker cover. It has a large round black cap 3/4 up the pipe. My pipe is split and the ends are crimped so I would assume you have to buy the complete lot? I've copied in a pic, it's on the right hand side, sorry I can't put an arrow in I'm no computer wizz

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=145131

Oh it's come up as a link to the pic not the actual pic? Don't no why that is? It's number 16 on the thread
This is the pic:
[Image: carls-engine-2.jpg.html]

Well that worked!!
Is it the funnel shaped piece? If so it's just an empty container with some steel wool inside.
cant see any pictures but i think i know what you mean. No idea what it does though D:
Lets try some coordinates.
Is it the piece that is seen where these two "lines" intersects?
Line A, from the bend in the strut brace to the black fastener between the air intake pipe and the bonnet catch
Line B, from the drivers side strut mount to the steel band that holds the air filter.

[Image: carls-engine-2.jpg]
If theres wire wool inside that'll be an oil catch tank then, albeit a small one!
its a pcv valve in the breather pipe.
Thankyou all for your imput, welshpug can you buy just the pipe work or is it listed as a complete unit?

(30-10-2014, 12:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]This is the pic:
[Image: carls-engine-2.jpg.html]

Well that worked!!

Lol piggy I see you are as good on a computer as me Smile