306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Castrol GTX Cheap In Tesco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was in Tesco yesterday, saw they had 2l of Castrol GTX for half price so £6. Along with ECP's current sale it means I have all my service stuff for just under £20.

Got a few as my stock from the when Asda did the 4l for £10 has run out.
Yeah but it's Castrol GTX.

Its like saying I can buy horse piss for 10p/l. Thats all well and good but I'd much rather drink beer at £4/l
(26-10-2014, 09:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but it's Castrol GTX.

Its like saying I can buy horse piss for 10p/l. Thats all well and good but I'd much rather drink beer at £4/l

Theres nothing wrong with gtx though.
Nothing "wrong" with horse piss either.
So what problem have you had with gtx?
GTX you could compare to a ford. Its a good car but incredibly basic and won't do anything in a fantastic way. Its a good cheap basic oil
I use the Triple QX stuff from ECP. Its cheap enough to swap regularly, and its very highly rated. Used to be really resistant to veg as well in my XUDs.
Viscol 10w40 for me . Only a tenner for 4.5L and apparently made by the people who make rock oil?
(27-10-2014, 07:23 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]Viscol 10w40 for me . Only a tenner for 4.5L and apparently made by the people who make rock oil?
I've thought about trying that but the Merc takes 5 litres so I'm not using anything that isn't supplied in 5 litre containers, because the 1 litre top ups aren't cheap.
Gutted. although you never get all the old oil out anyway so maybe there'll be half a litre hanging around somewhere in there
I hate this new trend of 4L and 4.5L bottles!

You browse through and think, ohhh thats a good price...then realise they have short changed you a litre of oil Angry
Annoyingly with the Merc I have to buy a top up bottle as well, because it takes 5 litres but used some as well, it uses a litre in about 3k, so halfway through the service interval (I do it every 5k) I have to chuck a litre in Sad
Then buy a few of the Viscol tubs. Use number 1 for filling up , number 2 to finish filling up and the top up and the remainder for the top up after the next service, number 3 for service 2
The lolvo needs 5.9 litres, its shit haha.
(27-10-2014, 06:18 PM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]The lolvo needs 5.9 litres, its shit haha.

ruddy el!
Yeah think i'll just buy a 25 litre barrel.