306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Longest youve been without your 306/a 306
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As above, mines been off the road 10 days now due to a blown turbo and missing it already although I have a brand new fiesta zetec s to use
8 years I think Big Grin
Nice one, going to sell the Rallye I think and store the HDI and get a new Fiesta Zetec S 95 tdci or 1.0 140 red edition, such good cars to drive are the fiestas! Will miss the 306 though so that will be back on the road shortly after aha
The new Fiesta's are awesome tbh! I don't think you'd miss a 306 driving one... Confused

As for how long I've been without one, well June 2011 - Septemeber 2012 I had 2 Golfs, an Avensis, a 106 and briefly a Vectra B between 306s. Then March 2013 to Feb 2014 I had the Vectra C. Can't say I missed 306s in between though lol.
Ford Fwends Tongue

Ive driven the Fiesta pretty much every day this last weeek and they really are brilliant cars! Zero tax on the ones im looking at, corner very well and even the TDCI 95 feels like its over 100bhp once run in, 52mpg round town too. 1.0 125 and 140 supposed to be pretty nippy and good on fuel.

Nice one, fair enough aha
2 months i think after i wrote my first 306 off i had a 205 as a fill in car then bought my black Dturbo
(25-10-2014, 10:56 AM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Ford Fwends Tongue

Ive driven the Fiesta pretty much every day this last weeek and they really are brilliant cars! Zero tax on the ones im looking at, corner very well and even the TDCI 95 feels like its over 100bhp once run in, 52mpg round town too. 1.0 125 and 140 supposed to be pretty nippy and good on fuel.

Indeed. If I was leasing a brand new car it'd be a Fiesta ST3 in blue... Big Grin
i went without one for about 27 years, then i bought my first...lol
Couple weeks between blown HGs or turbos lol

I wouldnt be so sad if I had a brand new festa though! Cracking cars!

I would get the 1.0turbo if it were me...more fun, quicker and you will see more MPGs on a eco run than the 1.6
Had my China between 2005 and 2008. Then the gti 2010-11 then bought the diablo in 2014. So 3 years and never plan to be without again!
2 months, due to the f*cked wheel bearing,
(25-10-2014, 11:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-10-2014, 10:56 AM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Ford Fwends Tongue

Indeed. If I was leasing a brand new car it'd be a Fiesta ST3 in blue... Big Grin

Id say the same but in Black, got to be under 120g/km though so that rules the ST out unfortunately!

(25-10-2014, 12:43 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Couple weeks between blown HGs or turbos lol

I wouldnt be so sad if I had a brand new festa though! Cracking cars!

I would get the 1.0turbo if it were me...more fun, quicker and you will see more MPGs on a eco run than the 1.6

Theres just something about the 306 though that the fiesta cant quite match! Probably doesnt help its the TDCI 95 vs my stage 1 306 aha
But the Fiesta's are briliant!
But arent the 1.0s not that good on fuel other than on the mororway? TDCI 95, 1.0 125 or 1.0 140... Hmm choices
3 months this year while I was looking for a new one after the one in my sig was written off by a silly woman, bad three months lol, I do love my 306's Smile
2 weeks when I spun a big end lol

Them new Ecoboost engines on the fiestas are an incredible bit of kit but only time will tell if they can stand up to do much power from such a little engine.
(25-10-2014, 04:40 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]2 weeks when I spun a big end lol

Them new Ecoboost engines on the fiestas are an incredible bit of kit but only time will tell if they can stand up to do much power from such a little engine.

Aye, they produce more bhp per litre than a Veyron apparently, won international engine of the year award 2 years running, they do sound a good mix of performance and economy!
My 306 spat a conrod through the block in November 2011. I am sticking another engine into it in the next couple of days though! Hopefully, it shall finally be running again after 3 years off the road.
You win ^^^^^^ lol
A day when my wishbone snapped. Never had a long time without a pug except when between cars.
Been without my s16 now for 7 months just sits on the drive since ive had the 205 on the road Smile.

Time? They're only made to last the warranty period lol.

I was amazed by the extra power they can give just from a remap as well, so it's not even like they're on the limit as standard! Confused

Matt, why under 120g/km? Is it for a company car or something? The tax is on the ST is still cheaper than even a Y reg 306 HDi... lol
(25-10-2014, 07:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Time? They're only made to last the warranty period lol.

I was amazed by the extra power they can give just from a remap as well, so it's not even like they're on the limit as standard! Confused

Matt, why under 120g/km? Is it for a company car or something? The tax is on the ST is still cheaper than even a Y reg 306 HDi... lol

Its an NHS Lease Car so has to be under 120g/km unfortunately! Otherwise id have had the ST and a Mountune 215 installed!
What remap/where from Tom? Pumaspeed do a on for the TDCI 95 and I think the 1.0 Ecoboosts too
Ah fair enough then!

There's a few places mapping them, it the Pumaspeed that seems popular for the 1.0 though. 145bhp stage 1 and up to ~174bhp/230Nm stage 3 (not sure what else is involved for that)....from a 1.0! Confused
T&R do the maps for mountune and managed to squeeze 270bhp from a 1.0 ecoboost in a Kuga. Not sure if the engine was any different and forged or something but would be epic if that map could just be loaded into one of these fiestas!
270!! Christ, that is impressive, obviously some other work as well but still unbelievable from a 1.0!
300bhp has been done in the little Ford single seater racers.
SUPPOSEDLY the engine block and head isnt different but they use the 1.6ecoboost turbo on it and a remap.

Epic engine. Well done ford ThumbsUp
Just coming up to six months and counting. Currently rocking the uber-awesome nad-wagon!!

Christ i need boost back in my life. Doh
Christmas meet 2011 was the day I lost my rally due to shitting a rod. She is still a driveway whore. Only needs a few bits but rent, bills, the daily and food takes up 95% of my wages. One day she will be back.

But in that time I've had 2 306 dts one was off the road 2 days tops at a time. My current one has been off the road for two weeks after slipping the cambelt and not having the tools to fix lol
(25-10-2014, 12:31 PM)John1.4 Wrote: [ -> ]i went without one for about 27 years, then i bought my first...lol

Yeah about 18-19 years before I got my first then after writing that off I didn't drive for at all for 6 months and didn't get my black one for another 12 months after starting driving again.

Since then I don't think I've been more than 6 months without a 306.
Just got mine back on the road after 8 years!
Never at mo brought my peoguot 360 glx for £500
And she past every mot for the past 3 years now
And could put £20 of fuel in and can do 134 miles on it
She good runner
Pages: 1 2