306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: how do you get forum rep up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As stated in the title, how do you get forum rep up? Been on here over a year now and hasnt budged abit
By doing good thing or giving good advice

people increase your rep points by pushing the button on the bottom of your post [Image: postbit_reputation.gif]
That may explain it, ive been on here over two years (not same profile) and never had a clue. Guesing alot of the newbies dont either
I'll show you, here we'll use my account as an example. Press the little button below my comment with the guy and speech bubble and a green +
Then write about how amazingly funny I am and click "add rating"

In fact perhaps everyone should practice this..ninja
Haha nice try Tongue
any rep given to steve for his post will be deleted as i have the POWWWWEEEEEEEEEEER! Big Grin
Bump mine up for a reach around? Big Grin pmsl
Yeh you have to earn rep.... people have to feel it is necessary.
I've repped you for being 10 mins away from me & I never realised. Local friends. yay.
Some people put rep welcome under helpful posts.
Is it just me that doesn't get the point of rep? On another forum I'm always getting notifications of 'likes', I don't get that either. Confused

I do try to use the system though, think I've done about 3 this year. lol
Rep is silly tbh, it's people that beg it off noobs that generally have high rep scores, cba personally but I will rep someone if they're helpful, as said though most people don't know about it Smile
Totally pointless feature wouldnt worry about it Tongue Look at who has rep and who dosnt, and you will see what i mean Tongue
(24-10-2014, 09:56 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Totally pointless feature wouldnt worry about it Tongue Look at who has rep and who dosnt, and you will see what i mean Tongue

This haha
I think my only reps where for telling inappropriate jokes

But done lots of nice things and don't seem to get rep,I think a lot people don't know it's there.
Not all are aware of it I think

But I rep peeps where I can and where peeps are helpful Smile
Basically to earn rep you have to be a lady garden. Haha
(24-10-2014, 09:56 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Totally pointless feature wouldnt worry about it Tongue Look at who has rep and who dosnt, and you will see what i mean Tongue

(24-10-2014, 10:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Not all are aware of it I think
But I rep peeps where I can and where peeps are helpful Smile

Whoops sorry, accidentally quoted these two posts for no apparent reason whatsoever Wink
Fair play lmao, always wondered what it was there for lol
The rep is supposed to be for really helpful members where people thank them but alot of it is given for being hilarious. I think you'll probably find that the people who have alot of rep also give alot of rep.

(24-10-2014, 08:42 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Some people put rep welcome under helpful posts.
Yeah but I deliberately dont rep those posts, If you deserved it you'd get it.
yeh there is no point asking for it...
Whenever i sell something to a forum member i add that that good rep is welcomed if they're happy with the service / purchase Smile

Whenever i am buying something from a forum member i check they're rep and what its been awarded for. Bit like ebay feedback.
(24-10-2014, 08:42 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Some people put rep welcome under helpful posts.

But everyone knows these people have to whore it up to get rep and cant just manage it on merit. A lot like asking every customer to leave a good review when the product works as advertised.
(25-10-2014, 05:08 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]

But everyone knows these people have to whore it up to get rep and cant just manage it on merit. A lot like asking every customer to leave a good review when the product works as advertised.

Yep thats me lol
Most of my rep has come from doing photoshop for people. Wink
Got half of mine for saying stupid things/being a dick Tongue
I cannot see the point in having the rep feature, so I don't bother to use it.
(25-10-2014, 02:14 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot see the point in having the rep feature, so I don't bother to use it.

Rep'd

lmao
Rep is such a fragile thing, one minute you have it.......and the next it's gone Tongue
Got mine for giving away beer and money.

And trolling a bit.
Pages: 1 2