306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: claiming on my own insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

You claim is against the driver of the other vehicle, whether or not his insurers are prepared to pay you out or fight. Write to him as follows ....

Sir,

I refer to the collision between my car REG NO and your van REG No on DATE at PLACE.

This letter is to inform you that I hold you entirely to blame for this collision, and I expect you cover all my losses incured during and after the collision. You may inspect my vehicle, by appointment, at PLACE, until DATE 14 DAYS HENCE.

You may wish to pass this letter to your insurers.

Yours etc .......

That puts the ball in their court.

Do not do any work on your car until it has been inspected, or the 14 days has passed. Surrender your tax disc, make a SORN declaration. Decide what you are going to do with your insurance.

If your insurers pay for his insurance, you WILL lose your NCB. The other driver will be trying to blame you.

You should have exchanged insurance details, vehicle details, driver details, and keeper details. Copy the letter to the firm who owned the van.

Look through your insurance documents, check for Legal Protection Cover. Brokers will try to push it onto you without asking ... bigger commission.

I thought "knock -for-knock" died out years ago.

If you can take photos/measure any skid marks, do so. From what you wrote, you were well establised on a narrow section of road, and the other driver entered that section when there was not room to pass you??? Did he expect you to reverse out of his way?

As I said, you have a fight on your hands ... don't expect the other party or his insurers to fight fairly ... they have everything to win.

Is there a house near the scene of the crash. Check its post code. Log onto www.rightmove.co.uk look for a house FOR SALE within 1/4 mile of that post code. but go further if you have to. Click on MAP. Click on SATELLITE. ZOOM. SCROLL to scene of accident. PRINT. PM me if you need help.
[/u]
Good luck

Pages: 1 2