306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Alright chaps! what to look for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys sorry to be brief but I'm on my way to pick up a 306 D Turbo estate X reg as my new daily drive.
It has 120k on and is what I think pretty cheap at 400 quid with test. Anything to look out for? Any advice would be great.
It's in meridian blue by the way.
Undecided
I guess its actually a HDi Meridian estate? They didn't make a DTurbo estate.

The rear beam, arch rust would be the main things, then just normal car checks really!
Right that's first thing I've learntried today. I'll let you know how I get on. How hard is it to lower a torsion? Any guidesuggestions?
(16-10-2014, 03:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess its actually a HDi Meridian estate? They didn't make a DTurbo estate.

The rear beam, arch rust would be the main things, then just normal car checks really!

My Estate came with the dturbo lump? Rolleyes
(16-10-2014, 04:32 PM)craig914 Wrote: [ -> ]Right that's first thing I've learntried today. I'll let you know how I get on. How hard is it to lower a torsion? Any guidesuggestions?

darren has a lowering guide. Most paces will charge around £100 to lower the rear beam.

Things to watch for... rust in the passenger side rear arch, all the arch liners there, smashed boot plastic, engine starts first time, all electrics work especially all electric windows and mirrors, airbag lights. Pretty much it.
dturbo is a trim level not an engine type Wink
ahhhh Blush
Indeed, it may've come with an XUD engine, but its still either an LX or a Meridian. lol
Cant see a X reg coming with a xud lump but i don't mind being proven wring. Did they actually do a Dturbo trim estate?
No, I meant Mikes might've come with an XUD. X reg definitely didn't.

And nope, no DTurbo estate. LX, GLX, Meridian and Meridian SE only afaik.
Actually thinking about it mr fish had a black estate with a xud lump and that was a Dturbo. That was a ph2 though cant remeber what reg it was. I wondered if they did a ph3 Dturbo estate
Yea.. my estates an S reg.. Xud lump and Meridian trim i think is was.. i got confused thinking "dturbo" was the engine it came with an not the trim
Oh really? Must be a ph2 only thing then, there definitely aren't any HDi DTurbo estates.