306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Gearbox help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi can any1 help me my gear Box on my 306 1.6 has packed up and wondereing What gear Box are fitted to them
MA gearbox.

Most likely triple linkage unless its an early ph1.

Same as on other PSA 1.6s of the same era (Saxo/106 etc) though they have slightly different ratios. You could use a 1.4 'box, it will physically fit but the 1.6 is supposed to be a bit stronger.
Cheers mate Its a 2002 so will have the tripple
Im thinking of removing the TU out my daily any day, its got a 4 month since rebuilt MA on it, with a longer 5th gear (very low rpm at 70!!)

Might sell it if you were interested...would be a good excuse to sack the fookin petrol off!!
Buy it just so we get another epic diesel thread
(15-10-2014, 06:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]MA gearbox.

Most likely triple linkage unless its an early ph1.

Same as on other PSA 1.6s of the same era (Saxo/106 etc) though they have slightly different ratios. You could use a 1.4 'box, it will physically fit but the 1.6 is supposed to be a bit stronger.

all ma gearboxes are weak I went through 3 in my 1.4 I had and the saxo/106 ones have a slightly different top linkage as the angle is on the side and not on the flat, pic attached of the difference (the best I can show)
There are 2 different long linkages, if you buy a box with the other tyre can just change the linkage.
different bell housings too between Iron and Alloy blocks, the sport models got bigger sun and planet gears too