306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bilstein B14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there people, I am thinking on refreshing my front suspension, because front structures are 15 years old and there are pretty worn out. Said that, I am looking for bilstein b14 but i can't see them for my dear 306. So can I use the peugeot 206 b14 coilovers? And will the spring rate be ok for the heavier 306??
B4 is the standard replacement, b6 is the upgrade and b8 is a shorter version of the b6.
but will the b14 from the 206 fit my 306??
They will fit with 306 top mounts but I wouldnt ever reccomend it. Same with fitting saxo springs.
Admittedly a 206 front corner weight is a lot similar to a 306 than saxo to 306 but still a set of dampers designed for a different car.
(11-10-2014, 07:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]They will fit with 306 top mounts but I wouldnt ever reccomend it. Same with fitting saxo springs.
Admittedly a 206 front corner weight is a lot similar to a 306 than saxo to 306 but still a set of dampers designed for a different car.

humm ok, maybe you got a point there. i am trying to buy some front suspensions, but i want a good suspension, any ideias?
B6 or B8 with eibach springs ThumbsUp
B14 is the coil over kit and isn't made for the 306. If you want coilovers, id go for another make but if you like Bilstein, you can't go wrong with B8s and eibachs. That's what I've got and it handles great
Another vote for B8's here, I'm running a set on my S16 with 35mm H&R springs and the handling is outstanding. The ultimate grip isn't as high as you can achieve with a good coilover setup, but the car is hilariously easy to drive hard, even beyond the limit of grip..
(12-10-2014, 05:17 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Another vote for B8's here, I'm running a set on my S16 with 35mm H&R springs and the handling is outstanding. The ultimate grip isn't as high as you can achieve with a good coilover setup, but the car is hilariously easy to drive hard, even beyond the limit of grip..

Like you say, you could get more grip but stiffer suspension on uk roads would just ruin it imo. If you had nice smooth roads....or a track then yeah fine but not over here!
Even on track I'd argue that unless competing, you'll have a better day if you can slide around corners WAY faster than you should, in control, with a big grin on your face (remember my white estate anyone?)

[attachment=19527]

If you go for a stiffer, "better" setup (more outright grip), you'll generally find it's less progressive and more likely to catch out the inexperienced. Fine if you can drive it, and awesome on track, but on the road? Nah, I'll take the softer and more forgiving route.
Thank you all for the inputs. I think it will be the b8 with eibach or hr springs or a b12 kit from bilstein
B12 kit is B8 shocks, B6 rear shocks and Eibach sport line springs. So basically what we are suggesting Wink
(12-10-2014, 10:05 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]B12 kit is B8 shocks, B6 rear shocks and Eibach sport line springs. So basically what we are suggesting Wink
Any tips for best place to buy?
(12-10-2014, 11:23 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2014, 10:05 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]B12 kit is B8 shocks, B6 rear shocks and Eibach sport line springs. So basically what we are suggesting Wink
Any tips for best place to buy?

Not sure if it is the absolute cheapest but that pretty much matches the price of each individual bit added up with a small saving for buying all together I think. You can also just buy a set of B8 dampers and then the springs if you find them all for a bit less.

http://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/pe...n-kit.html
Email Kam racing and mention you are a member on here. Funnily enough I've been in talks with them about a club discount or group buys (Along with other companies) and was going to set up a group buy on the b8 and b12 kits in the next few weeks.
(13-10-2014, 01:38 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Email Kam racing and mention you are a member on here. Funnily enough I've been in talks with them about a club discount or group buys (Along with other companies) and was going to set up a group buy on the b8 and b12 kits in the next few weeks.
Cool. I'll be in for b12 kit but no rush as car still not back on all 4 wheels
So i got this:

[Image: 20141106_181812.jpg]
picture share

[Image: 20141106_181822.jpg]
uploadimage

Now i really dont konow what to do with it lolol. which springs should i use? original? eibach?? or should i trasform this to coils to use 2.5'' springs??
any advice on top mounts or just stocks do the job with b8's?
That looks like what Skip brown (UK rally company) did to the 205 strut body with a std Bilstein insert

If you need some good pricing on the Billy stuff drop me a line,
E need help sorting what springs to use with this shocks. I will convert to coilovers to use the 2.5 id springs
(07-11-2014, 11:58 PM)miles Wrote: [ -> ]That looks like what Skip brown (UK rally company) did to the 205 strut body with a std Bilstein insert

If you need some good pricing on the Billy stuff drop me a line,

with a offer like that i'll be contacting you at some point soon!