306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 4 out of 5 Bolts Holding Downpipe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only able to get the outside 4 bolts out of 5 on my downpipe adapter plate nipped up, the middle one has no chance of getting a nut over the stud.

It's all Fire-Gummed up, cross fingers and hope for the best?

OR any suggestions?

Picture:

[Image: b3d72bc8eabc1dfe302283161caaba1f.jpg]

[Image: a7439195e67dfab1ef56116eb46814bd.jpg]
Remove stud and use a bolt with a allen key head?

(whats with the gap of weld behind that stud!?
will it also be ok with the missing weld under the stud?

edit!!! beat to the question by piggy
It's welded on the inside smart arses. Tongue
On a completely un-related note; how did you get on mig'ing those v-band collars on? Did they warp at all? They look like they've had a fair whack of heat through them.
looks like TIG to me Wink
Thats not tig, looks very nicely welded though
Was gonna be TIG but ended up being MIG done by a skilled welder.
Was gonna say, it's a bloody tidy mig! It's all gone on nice then? Obviously it's a continuous weld, so no troubles with warping and sealing on the v-band etc?
She's tight. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Obviously no leaks or anything!
Thats a fairly large gap between the two other fixing bolts.

My bet would be once under stress and heat that it will blow there.

As i said,can you remove stud and use a bolt with a narrow head, IE a high tensile allen head bolt?
(10-10-2014, 07:27 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a fairly large gap between the two other fixing bolts.

My bet would be once under stress and heat that it will blow there.

As i said,can you remove stud and use a bolt with a narrow head, IE a high tensile allen head bolt?

Probs, I'll see what I can get my hands on later.
Sorted.

[Image: 8a7826764174dbe51e2816e55f1f5c4a.jpg]
ThumbsUp

You know where the button is Tongue Wink
(10-10-2014, 02:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]ThumbsUp

You know where the button is Tongue Wink

I certainly do. Rofl
Come on, rep for telling the lad to put a bolt in the hole he needs tightening up? Trent, you'd used the exact same allen headed bolt right next to it, what are you like eh? :p

Take it back out and weld her up I say Wink
No harm in asking!?

It solved the issue didnt it!?
Personnel I wouldn't worry, you're downstream of the turbo so if you have a decent flowing exhaust there shouldn't be much pressure there anyway, and if there is a little seeapage it's not going to make too much difference. Mines been on with just 2 before, and gum and the free flowing exhaust didnt have enough back pressure to make it fail