306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Where to find units for rent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been looking around on local classifieds, gumtree etc. etc. and will be putting up wanted ads on facebook and other local sites, but does anyone know of any good ways of finding local units that fit 2/3 cars in that I've not thought of? Any good websites etc.?

Alternatively, if you have a unit/large indoor storage space with vehicle access in Warwickshire area then please get in touch!

Thanks.
Ask local farms, thats what a friend of mine has done. Managed to find one that the owner is refurbing, so now building it to suit them.
I agree with ask farmers I did a few years ago and a local one had one needed Abit of work so I did some repairs and only paid electric.
But have you looked on gumtree or the loot.
Or a trip round local industrial units some times some are renting units too big for their needs.
My way works pretty well, just drive around industrial estates untill you stumble upon a gem Smile

To get my unit i was driving around looking untill i found one that caught my eye on an industrial estate, it looked empty so i found the landowner, made some enquiries and it went from there Smile
How much we talking for renting these little units?!
(06-10-2014, 12:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]How much we talking for renting these little units?!

My BIL was paying £300 a month all in for a unit that fitted 5 cars in as well as storage area & toilet.
I pay £500 per quarter for mine all in... Thats space for 5-6 cars with lots of storage and access 24/7
(06-10-2014, 12:59 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]I pay £500 per quarter for mine all in... Thats space for 5-6 cars with lots of storage and access 24/7

Christ that's cheap compared to the prices I was getting down here when I last looked into it - the downsides of living in civilisation I guess Sad
My old unit could house 4 cars comfortably and including electric / water i was paying £75 per month...

Then i look at the shitty flat i pay £280 a month for just in rent and wonder where the f*ck the logic is lol
£280 a month for a flat?!?

I would dance happy about that mate....you wont get ANYTHING for less than £500 round here. A room in a shared house is about £400 a month
(06-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]£280 a month for a flat?!?

I would dance happy about that mate....you wont get ANYTHING for less than £500 round here. A room in a shared house is about £400 a month

Once you take into account the council tax and running costs it gets very expensive for what is essentially a pit that i go to too sleep and bathe then im straight back out the door.
Thank you for the suggestions.
I don't know any farmers but something like a farm outbuilding that is dry etc. would be pretty ideal, I suppose it is just a case of driving about and looking.

Looking through industrial estates etc. might be a good idea too so thank you for that.

Can't seem to find much on the web at the moment but will put up wanted ads locally.

I did find a standalone building with a 1 bedroom flat over a huge double garage in the grounds of a big estate which I thought was pretty awesome! Big Grin
Only a monday-friday let though oddly. :S
Rightmove in the commercial bit should see u right mate.
(06-10-2014, 02:13 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]£280 a month for a flat?!?

Once you take into account the council tax and running costs it gets very expensive for what is essentially a pit that i go to too sleep and bathe then im straight back out the door.

Again...try it round here...due to house prices NOTHING in the area is better than a band C! So we are band E!!!
(06-10-2014, 05:42 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]Rightmove in the commercial bit should see u right mate.

Thanks, that will be my next work lunch break boredom sorted then. Big Grin