306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: part numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really need to post more often........

our local citroen/Peugeot garage has gone !! Bugger........ its now a caravan shop!

the next closest is some 50 miles away and I cant access the parts section due to insufficient posts.....so please would someone post the following part numbers for our girl ( mon cherry voiuture ) scuuuuuss my French.......

I need the part numbers so I can phone for price and availblility....the last garage denied that shock bushes where available, till I showed him the pic and numbers from some very kind person on here.........

1999/2000 ph3? 2 litre hdi turbo estate with a/c and p/s

parts needed....

pug oil filter
pug fuel filter
pug "p" bushes, the bush block on the front of the track control arm/wishbone........

they seem to fit on a "shaft" sticking out of the front to the TCA/wishbone.......are they pressed on ( the p bushes ) or a slide fit on this shaft, and shaft rotates with suspension when going over a bump etc.......???

thanks very much for the help.....

as ever brilliant forumHeart
okay so.... for the pug oil filter and fuel filter you can get those from Euro Car Parts or GSF. Same company. Will be cheaper than pug and are just as good.

Crosland Fuel Filter Part No.: 503735058 - £5.88
Crosland Oil Filter Part No.: 501735048 - £2.34

The pbushes on the 306 are wank. You can get roller ones at the cost of hundreds but a better alternative to the original ones is the P Bushes from a peugeot partner. They are a better design. Peugeot wouldnt sell them seperately to me.

this is an original 306 one... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-306-Pa...5d45128719

and this is a partner one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VECO-SUSPENSIO...19d39cce10

get the partner one. Not sure if they are cheaper anywhere else.

When you fit them make sure you use threadlock on the bolts. Use new bolts if possible.

To fit replacement p bushes to the wishbone you need to cut the old ones off. Be careful not to go through the shaft of the wishbone. Then putting the new ones on requires pressing on. I put my wishbones in a vice and then used a large socket and mallet to get mine on.

Also note that when you cut the old bushes off the black rubber goes everywhere. I put my trousers in the wash afterwards and the rubber came off and stained the rest of the wash... not a good move.

good luck!
thanks for the prompt reply....oil filter used last time was Unipart, had smaller holes than the Peugeot ones, but the ones I've seen this week have less holes and smaller again..........unipart has gone tits up...........incidentaly the old pug oilfilter was really heavy....must have been on the car for ages, heavy due to all the crap that was in it?

its suggested on here to use pug fuel filter.........

how much roughly for pug oil and fuel filter with part numbers please.....so I can compare.........

the 306 bushes look much less hardy than the partner ones so will consider them also.......

the centre steel tube in the bush, is that "keyed" to the wishbone so the bush sits in the right place when fitted, so not wound up to destruction when suspension moves??

wish me luck? that sounds troublesome??
Do all Srowell says and you will be bang on fine.

Pug only use companies like Fram and crossland etc to make the filters so its pointless paying that premium for no more gain

Same with oil. Go on ECP website and buy the best oil you can afford. Shell HX7 is at a cracking price at the mo
I've had no issue with ECP filters so far, I do tend to go for the slightly more expensive ones over the cheapest though.

The P bushes aren't keyed, no. So you need to try and get them as close to the angle that the old ones came off. If your cars lowered move them slightly to reduce stress on them. I had mine pressed off by the local garage, and drifted the new ones on.
I would go for a bosch filter purely because it has the one way valve in it like the Pug one (which i believe is a bosch one anyway?).
If your picky then for oil filter use neat car parts. And the difference in quality compared to ECP is imo very noticeable. I always get my filters here.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331024352701?_...EBIDX%3AIT
There is one fuel filter listed on ECP that when they bring out is an actual Bosch one even though it's not titled as such, but my local only had the one and it was already opened, covered in oil and missing o-ring. Never managed to get another genuine one out of them since but I've gone through two Wix ones now and never had a problem.
(03-10-2014, 04:19 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]I would go for a bosch filter purely because it has the one way valve in it like the Pug one (which i believe is a bosch one anyway?).

nope, Purflux.
aepdirect.com sell oe filters thats where i get all the filters i use from and as for the whishe bones i would go fo for the partner ones as tay are stronger
Oil filter is part number 1109.AL (purflux) =£10.69 from Pug but the one on ebay on Dodgeybobs post is correct
Fuel filter is part number 1906.A1= £19.84 from Pug but can be found on Ebay for half that ThumbsUp
Looks like you've got to buy the complete wishbone to get the ' P' bushes as they're not listed seperately according to service box & are £128.74 a side Confused but can buy the bushes seperately from ecp or ebay etc. like others have said
thanks for all the relies.....the Unipart filter used last time seemed to have an anti drain valve but had smaller holes compared to the pug one that came off, which was very heavy.........

oil filters I have seen have less holes and smaller holes.........

via pug uk, I messaged them and the local ( local at 50 miles away?? ) dealer phoned me back!!

refused to give part numbers!!!!! but the filter prices are very similar......they had everything in stock......

p bush was quoted at £15 plus vat, a Peugeot part supposed to be, but £15 dead??plus vat

so will call into europparts ( old unipart depot some 18miles away ) and look at the filters........and p bushes

next items are the rearbrake seals kit from big red............had a bad report about them caliper wise.......slide pins incorrectly fitted........but i'm only getting the seal kit, pistons maybe as well......pug do seals kits for the rear bendix disc brakes ?? part numbers and prices again would be a great help for comparison.....
next items are the rearbrake seals kit from big red............had a bad report about them caliper wise.......slide pins incorrectly fitted........but i'm only getting the seal kit, pistons maybe as well......pug do seals kits for the rear bendix disc brakes ?? part numbers and prices again would be a great help for comparison.....
Looks like all rear disc brakes are Bosch on the HDI & just the fronts that differ.
Brake caliper Repair kit for rear Bosch disc brakes is part number 444862 - £56.50
thanks for all the info.....mine has bosch front and bendix rear, all disc's
have you got the part number for the partner pbushes? my local pug place said they could only do them with the entire arm! D:
Had numerous issues with crosland filters, take one apart and you'll see why it's cheap, for the sake of another fiver it's worth getting oe quality imo. Same goes for cheap bushes, have had to replace ebay bushes after less than 2 months before.

With regards to oil, tripleqx 5/40 fully synth from euros is silly cheap and perfectly decent for the job, although i see that hx7 piggy linked is currently cheaper.
With regards to oil, tripleqx 5/40 fully synth from euros is silly cheap and perfectly decent for the job, although i see that hx7 piggy linked is currently cheaper.

I use this- www.camskill.co.uk/m1b0s4389p113399/Quantum_Oils_-_Quantum_SYNTA_Semi_Synthetic_10W40_5L