306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What is this??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is this plug for? Behind the inlet/throttle body on the 6

2 pin black plug anyone know?

[Image: hy2a8u2y.jpg]

Orrrr any sensors that would fail suddenly and leave a gti struggling to pull and hunting at idle

Already checked the lambda and its not that
Icv? Under the throttle body.
Checked the icv mate its not that afaik
Think that plug's for the inlet air temp sensor?

Hunting and struggling to pull sounds like a broken MAP sensor though.
Its a free plug mate! Pretty sure mine has it!
As above, the black 2-pin plug is unused on UK cars.

(for reference of the above posters, on a GTi-6 the IAT plug is grey and the ICV is a black 4 pin ovalish connector and not a JPT like shown)
This question comes up time and time again.... i may be stupidly wrong but wasnt it something like a throttlebody heater for colder climates or something?
Throttle heater plug is yellow and is used on UK cars despite not really being needed in our mild climate.
oh thatll be what i was thinking of then!
Damn was hoping its be the problem, is a map sensor likely to go faulty all of a sudden?
They can do, as can ignition coils - both common on '6 engines.
(29-09-2014, 09:50 AM)powerandtorque Wrote: [ -> ]As above, the black 2-pin plug is unused on UK cars.

Any idea what it's used for on the non-UK models? Something to do with cruise control maybe? Just intrigued now lol.

(29-09-2014, 04:21 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Damn was hoping its be the problem, is a map sensor likely to go faulty all of a sudden?

Can do yeah. One failed on SRowells 1.8 without warning...at the time we went to the scrappy to get a load of spare sensors to try...all except a MAP sensor. Doh lol

Ph2 '6s aren't OBD compatible are they? And I guess you don't have PP2k?
No haven't got any diagnostics stuff .
Got a spare map sensor which il try tonight , fingers crossed .
so they have a plug but they cant be read by most readers. think its only peugeot plane that will do the job.
Yeah didn't think they would be. They didn't need to be OBD compatible until 2001. So it is only Pug Planet you'd be able to check with unfortunately.

Might as well try the MAP as you've already got it spare though!
Swapped the map sensor over and it appears to have fixed the issue, odd that it went all of a sudden thoug
(29-09-2014, 07:05 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Swapped the map sensor over and it appears to have fixed the issue, odd that it went all of a sudden thoug

It's peugeot nothing is 'odd' lol

glad to hear its back to normal
(29-09-2014, 07:05 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Swapped the map sensor over and it appears to have fixed the issue, odd that it went all of a sudden thoug

the weather became considerably colder over the last few days mate, so possibly that had an effect on the vehicle, and this wasnt a noticable issue prior to that.. but now is..
(08-10-2014, 02:04 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]

the weather became considerably colder over the last few days mate, so possibly that had an effect on the vehicle, and this wasnt a noticable issue prior to that.. but now is..

Yeah my car is being a right bitch since the temperature has dropped 10 degrees.
which one? the decent one or that shitty Faillye
Tom i have planet here if you needed to plug it in to have a view at whats being read by the sensors
Just for future ref, you dont need pug planet for ph2's, my delphi system reads them fine.
(09-10-2014, 05:16 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]which one? the decent one or that shitty Faillye

lmao

Rep'd!!
(09-10-2014, 05:26 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Tom i have planet here if you needed to plug it in to have a view at whats being read by the sensors

Will bear that in mind for future mate Smile