306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: SPlitter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone sprayed their splitter? IF so what did you use?
Have you thought about using paint? Big Grin
(28-09-2014, 06:36 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you thought about using paint? Big Grin

yeah the thing is where they get scraped it makes the surface rough, ill see what I can do tomorrow. Hows the ABM's? Got bored of them yet Wink
Lol, nope, not even remotely. lol

I get where you're coming from, what sort of colour were you thinking of doing it? Body coloured? Or Glass/satin/matt black? I'm not sure i'd bother, for exactly the reason you've given above. Wink
(28-09-2014, 07:12 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, nope, not even remotely. lol

I get where you're coming from, what sort of colour were you thinking of doing it? Body coloured? Or Glass/satin/matt black? I'm not sure i'd bother, for exactly the reason you've given above. Wink

You will eventually Wink

Just matte black the same colour it iu=s, just want to freshen it up a bit really
Painted splitters always look shit. They get so many scuffs and chips its best to leave then just as bare plastic. And definitely don't try colour coding it lol.
Tbh, that shouldnt be too much of a problem then, at least if/when you scrape it, it won't show up too much! Wink

And no.....i wont get bored of my angels...they're easily my favourite part of the car! Big Grin
I saw Cully's car and that looked sprayed, thought it looked quite cool
Stone chip. Can get black and grey, worked pretty well for mine for about 4 months then eventually the roads starting destroying it!!!
A mate of mine and Rowell Moonstone'd his splitter...it looked awful as the paint was coming off all over the place with the scuffs. Confused

Black wouldn't be so bad, but it'll still show against the grey splitter. Imo, something like bumper gel or back to black would be much better than paint there.
Bumper gel/back to back/tyre paint...all didnt seem to want to work on mine for some reason. The grey stonechip worked well for a while and matched the lower part of my skirts which I did in the same stuff. Scuffed to hell now..but hopefully with my better suspension setup and new splitter it will look better!
Ive got plastic primer aswell which I will put on, Ill see how it turns out, can always get another splitter
controversial suggestion - get some black plastidip or frosts liquid wrap, can be re-coated or just torn off if it gets scuffed, makes the plastic bits look like they've been 'back to blacked' but lasts much longer