306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Can't post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why can I suddenly not post a reply in the for sale section? I could before? Have the rules been changed? Cheers
You need 100 posts and have been registered for 30 days as the other 20 topics tell ya
I've been registered for ages and like I said has this just changed? Rules still say 20 on the sticky.
Yeah the rules have changed to 100 posts. It is written somewhere, but I don't know where as I haven't been a newbie for a long time.
Happend mid last month
its for old members also, not just new. As I was also wondering.
That sucks
i think there was a time limit too, if you had been on a certian time..

would be worth you, vento, making 4 more sensible posts..

as for the OP, report this thread to an admin, itll generate a ticket for them and if they so wish they can manually flag you so you can.,
(25-09-2014, 07:27 PM)toseland Wrote: [ -> ]i think there was a time limit too, if you had been on a certian time..

would be worth you, vento, making 4 more sensible posts..

as for the OP, report this thread to an admin, itll generate a ticket for them and if they so wish they can manually flag you so you can.,

yea, I dropped off last year due to having too much going on with work and things :/
All the info you need should be in this thread - http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-26014.html

The time limit has not been introduced as yet afaik, just the post limit. Smile
ok.. its official, i now hate everyone with an estate!
Why do you say that?! lol
How many of these "i cant post now" or "why cant i post in for sale section" threads are we guna have!?!

Is there not a big banner at top for all those with under 100posts!?
(25-09-2014, 08:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]How many of these "i cant post now" or "why cant i post in for sale section" threads are we guna have!?!

yep huge banner its pretty hard to miss im happy with the time and post limit makes you feel better about buying things off here tbh after all at the end of it your selling things for free i.e no ebay charges.
other forums im on theres always been a post limit and always a weekly thread like this :LOL:
(25-09-2014, 08:25 PM)eskimogod Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-09-2014, 08:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]How many of these "i cant post now" or "why cant i post in for sale section" threads are we guna have!?!

yep huge banner its pretty hard to miss im happy with the time and post limit makes you feel better about buying things off here tbh after all at the end of it your selling things for free i.e no ebay charges.
other forums im on theres always been a post limit and always a weekly thread like this :LOL:

Wait what? Someone that agrees with our rules? Sure you're not a troll? Wink

Seriously though, Some of the lesser active members have suffered when they have been in between 20 and 100 posts but we have no way of automatically moving all of these members into another group which has access to the for sale section unfortunately.
How about someone like me, that doesn't chat a lot, but wants to BUY something off a member and can't cause I don't have 100 posts.

Doesn't that affect the seller more than me? For example, I've want'ed a set of mod/better conrods for ages, but haven't been able to post a reply.
Maybe change it to "No new Threads" in Sales till 100, and no Posts till 20-50.
(26-09-2014, 11:47 AM)JamesPT Wrote: [ -> ]How about someone like me, that doesn't chat a lot, but wants to BUY something off a member and can't cause I don't have 100 posts.

Doesn't that affect the seller more than me? For example, I've want'ed a set of mod/better conrods for ages, but haven't been able to post a reply.

Cause you could quite easily be a scammer? Simple as that, it's nothing personal, it's just we don't know you from Adam, it's a safety barrier, get involved, show you've got something to contribute & not just a fly by night scammer, you'll soon get there.. 100 posts isn't alot!
Couldn't have put it better myself Jordan. Wink

The limit is there for a reason, and it won't be changing...if you want to buy or sell, get involved in the community. Simples. Big Grin
Just go and say hello to all the newbies and go and tell people how much you like their cars in the projects section. You'd be at 100 posts in a couple of hours no trouble.

Also while your there go into all the technical section and ask really simple technical questions that have already been asked 100 times over and preferably already have a guide written on them.
Just for reference purposes, DON'T do ^^^this. Wink
Btw in tapatalk it does not have a banner telling me and the sticky still says 20 posts. But no bother anyway
(26-09-2014, 11:47 AM)JamesPT Wrote: [ -> ]How about someone like me, that doesn't chat a lot, but wants to BUY something off a member and can't cause I don't have 100 posts.

We can not customise this to every single user. Like JJ says, its not personal at all.
(26-09-2014, 05:31 PM)S160six Wrote: [ -> ]Btw in tapatalk it does not have a banner telling me and the sticky still says 20 posts. But no bother anyway

Yeah tapatalk is shit. We have no control over the content of the forum in tapatalk except the actual post content.
I understand now I just have a 306 which believe it or not needs loads of parts :p