306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: sub boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening all, I have a 12" sub in a box in the boot of my 306 I need to make the boot functional for golf bag and clubs and or shopping but am reluctant to ditch the woofer (sub not missus) does anyone have a clue on how to work out the volume of a box so I can then remake a slimmer wider box at the same volume of original box??
If it's a cube shape it's just length x width x height in whatever unit of measurement you need for the tech spec you've got...
So if it is cubic centimetres and your box is 20cm x 20cm x 30cm your box volume is 12,000 cubic centimetres or 0.012 cubic metres.
And I seem to recall that if you fill the box with wadding of some description you can virtually increase the volume of the box - so the sub thinks the box is bigger than it is.
Thank you, OK that helps a little bit although my box isn't a cube it's one of those slide upto the back of the seat angled boxes it stands at 490x400x350mm
Ah ok, slightly more complicated then, but something less than 0.0686 cbm (that's what it would be if it was a cube).
Work it out as a cube and a triangle.
Ok thank you
Also quite a few sub box calculators online woth a quick google.
There is a guy in america who will spec the right size sub box and send design plans so that B&Q can cut all the parts for you. You tell him the space you have and he will come up with the best box.