306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Bagging up ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Want to clean the bay; thinking spraying the bay with gunk, soak, jetwash.

What am I looking to bag up/cover besides plugs. Anything else to be aware of?
In the past I've just stuck a carrier bag over the alternator, and the air filter if it's an open type.

Always ran the car for a good half hour afterwards
Ive only ever steam cleaned the bay, from cold and started engine up when doing it, never had a problem but thats a steam one
When I did my hdi, I covered up alternator and took battery off.
Degressed the engine using auto glymm and aggravated with a cloth, then rinsed it off with the spray on hose so I could control it... worked great!
Cheers for the info.

Sam, was that an XUD - no heads up for the '6 lump? Really don't fancy shorting something Sad
Why is everyone covering the alternator? Theres nothing in it, its just a big magnet with a copper coil... And the rectifier will be waterproof anyway, or it'd break the first time you hit a puddle.

You wont short anything, just go for it. As I say in all these threads, I've jetwashed loads of bays without covering anything at all, it all gets wet in the rain anyway. Just don't blast directly at plugs, but isn't that common sense anyway lol.