306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Picked up a citroen ZX...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody!

Been cruising around in a td volcane for a few weeks now, really getting on with the car, returning 45-50 mpg over mixed driving and being surprisingly quick between 2500-4000 rpm

Gets a few weird looks as there's not many about anymore and it's very 'French' looking.

Anyway a few people have asked for some more pictures, and don't mind showing her off so here ya go:

[Image: image_zpsb7429a03.jpg]

[Image: image_zps5d7d88ba.jpg]

[Image: image_zps26ca8ad0.jpg]

[Image: image_zps316d126e.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsd7c5802c.jpg]

[Image: image_zpsaf112eb3.jpg]

[Image: image_zps6c95d7a5.jpg]

[Image: image_zps6a91d584.jpg]

Let me know what you think!
Nice mate! Retro Wink. Looks pretty clean like.
Been offered one myself for £300... Could be joining the zx club
LOOOOOOVE it!! Inlove

it looks sooooo clean!!! how many miles has it done?
Very nice. I do have a soft spot for these [WHITE SMILING FACE]. Do you have any plans for it?
Yeah man go for it, what spec is it for £300?

My mate had a 306 dturbo when we were at college (11 years ago) was a nice car but not weird enough for me

Cheers, yeah it's just turned over 125k this week.

Don't really have any plans other than to sort the tracking and maybe respray the wheels as in the flesh they kinda let the car down a bit. Wouldn't mind a bit of lowering but it's fairly low as it is and I've had a couple of lowered cars in the past and it tends to bollocks up the handling, not to mention the ride
Looks very well looked after...thay engine bay is so clean!

Some standard xsara vts struts and springs will make a nice upgrade without ruining the ride or height much.

With that bosch pump...few minutes of adjustments and turbo wastegate adjustments and you could have 120bhp.

Worth seeing if its on 247mm brakes...266s will fit under the 14s and be a decent upgrade...my wifes 106 nad had 247s!!!
It's a 96, xud but not sure on spechaven't seen it yet. Be similar to yours though. Got 160 on the clock but my mechanic has looked after it for the last 6 years. I'm thinking use it for a run about so I can take the d turbo off the road then rob the engine.

If not someone else should get it before it gets scrapped Wink
£300 is not a lot to lose on a reasonable car, you're sure to make that back by splitting it.

Yeah I've heard the bosch pumps are the best to have, although the 205 xud I had before this had a lucas and it was fine. Not sure on the brakes, it's all original so I guess they will be whatever it left the factory with, they do the job fine. Does anyone know what turbo this will be likely to have?

Something that strikes me as odd is the airbox that is accessed from under the car with approx 5 metres of piping before it reaches the turbo, and it doesn't look like a very good feed. Is there an upgrade for this?
Looks nice, not sure on silver but sure it'd grow on me, I need a steering wheel like that mines got a pug one on.
I think silver quite suits it, but yeah am not generally a fan of silver either. My first choice would have been white
Looks very clean, especially under the bonnet

Had a 5 door in silver, looked awesome, loved that car. It's still around somewhere...

Although yes 3 door in white is the one, my other half drives one Smile

[Image: zx_volcane.jpg]
Looks pretty smart that, don't think I've seen a zx that has an undamaged front bumper towing eye flap though, mines on with 2 cable ties
DT_ that is immaculate! That bay is spotless!

Decent buy there, it'll only appreciate now too!
Welcome to the forum,nice looking zx you have purchased there,Hello
that's clean for its age! 21 years old if I am right?
Cheers for all the positive comments, surprised u 306 dudes like it so much. Yeah not too far off its 22nd birthday
(23-09-2014, 11:35 PM)dt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for all the positive comments, surprised u 306 dudes like it so much. Yeah not too far off its 22nd birthday

They are well liked on here, like the 205s are.
(23-09-2014, 11:35 PM)dt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for all the positive comments, surprised u 306 dudes like it so much. Yeah not too far off its 22nd birthday

It's basically a 306 anyway :p
the early ones look bit like the AX at the front and the later one more like the saxo.
Besides the styling, what actually is the difference? As I understand it the zx is about 50-100kg lighter than the equivalent 306, am I right in thinking that some body parts are plastic- the tailgate is

(24-09-2014, 10:24 PM)procta Wrote: [ -> ]the early ones look bit like the AX at the front and the later one more like the saxo.

If u look closely at the zx 16v the bodykit looks pretty much like a saxo VT kit crossed with a 205 gti kit, well it does to me anyway
I love these zx's back I had a 1.9d non turbo and it was painfully slow but I still liked it

Apparently the zx is a better handling car compared to the 306?

Does it have the usual citroen quirks? Such as a electric passenger mirror and a manual drivers one

I believe I have a standard zx radio lurking about here somewhere if you need a spare
(28-09-2014, 08:37 AM)af1 Wrote: [ -> ]I love these zx's back I had a 1.9d non turbo and it was painfully slow but I still liked it

Apparently the zx is a better handling car compared to the 306?

Does it have the usual citroen quirks? Such as a electric passenger mirror and a manual drivers one

I believe I have a standard zx radio lurking about here somewhere if you need a spare

Hi mate, thanks for the offer but the radio seems to be working well, randomly though its display is lit up with the lights switched off but when you turn the headlights on the radio lights go off!! Must be a crossed wire. Yeah manual drivers mirror, although a polo 6n2 I had a few years back had the same mirror set up.

Handling seems ok, doesn't feel quite as responsive as a 205 but still corners flat and at a decent pace. Just need some quality tyres up front and some fresh track rod ends and alignment.

What tyres do u guys run? (185 60 14)
air inlet piping off a peugeot 405 will fit and is much wider, runs over the top of the engine and across the front to behind the passenger headlight, i have it on my 306 . .Smile
Randomly my gear knob fell apart today

[Image: image_zpsfa0a44a4.jpg]

What are the chances of that eh? Looks like its been superglued previously, but how the hell do u break it in the first place? Must have been some brutal gear changes going on...

Anyone on here got a spare?
I think that's just old psa gearknobs, the one on the 205 did it a few months back.
I would say someone has tried to remove it previously and broken it trying to separate it from the stick.
Guessing they are quite hard to remove then, that's some thick ass plastic! If I forget its broken it stabs me pretty bad. Might just stick a tennis ball over the top for now
Ive got one matey in pretty good nick, got a quickshift attached to if you're interested Smile
(15-10-2014, 11:41 AM)Anton Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got one matey in pretty good nick, got a quickshift attached to if you're interested Smile

I am interested but am totally skint. Heard u were breaking a volcane, do u have much of it left?
A fair bit mate yeah. What do you need?
Pages: 1 2