306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Engine bay detailing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondered what people have done under their bonnets. Not to steal ideas but for inspiration :-)
just with regards to cleaning? or mods and tidying up?

Dont pressure wash things under the bonnet. Some of the connections have water seals but thats for natural damp etc... not for withstanding the pressure of a pressure washer!

What you want to get is some engine degreasant and put in some elbow grease im afraid!
Or do like I do, and just not bother! lmao
(22-09-2014, 10:21 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]just with regards to cleaning? or mods and tidying up?

Dont pressure wash things under the bonnet. Some of the connections have water seals but thats for natural damp etc... not for withstanding the pressure of a pressure washer!

What you want to get is some engine degreasant and put in some elbow grease im afraid!
thinking more of cleaning then spraying parts up and coloured hoses ect. I'm after ideas as id like to get the bonnet open next show season :-)
Tidying my engine bay is on my to do list, it's full of wires and pipes and zip ties :/
Well ive never really bothered before but running out of ideas for the car now that hasn't allready been done a milliom times before.
The only thing i would colour would be cam covers and silicon pipes. Coloured conduit looks wank.
Thats what I was thinking. Any brands of degreaser that stand out from the rest? Dont mean to sound like a noob but whats a conduit lmao?
Try some pink gunk, seems to do the job, get it in with a brush and leave to soak, then pressure was off
[attachment=19211][attachment=19210]

Do this lol it defo gets the looks at shows zx -volcane will agree I think as he has also done the same :-)
1) Turn your car on
2) Cover any wires/electrical and air filter with carrier bags
3) Spray acid all over and allow to soak
4) Aggravate any "stubborn" areas with a brush and more acid
5) Jet wash
6) Spray silicone everywhere
Thats a must then and it does look good :-)

This is my old hdi that I sprayed up the plastics to color code but im still not sure I am a fan.

[attachment=19215]
I wanted to get my engine cover, airbox, fusebox cover hydro-dipped in some unique pattern. See it done on a few VAGs and looks good. Not cheap though, which is why I never done it lol.

[Image: 51579d1370734852-venomous1-racing-hydro-...010005.jpg]
driveway oil stain remove....splash it on, aggitate with a old brush, wash off with a hose.

Then theres loads of decent options for dressing the black plastics and pipes, makes it look good.

Cheap wire dressing kits are out there, matching cable ties can tart things up too, as can painting engine covers or caps. all cheap too
(22-09-2014, 03:59 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to get my engine cover, airbox, fusebox cover hydro-dipped in some unique pattern. See it done on a few VAGs and looks good. Not cheap though, which is why I never done it lol.

[Image: 51579d1370734852-venomous1-racing-hydro-...010005.jpg]
yeah ive seen a few vags done with hydrodip and it does look effective. think a good clean is on the to do list then maybe make a few phone calls to a few local company's.

Cheap wire dressing kits are out there, matching cable ties can tart things up too, as can painting engine covers or caps. all cheap too
[/quote]

what do you mean by wire dressing kits? do you have a link? cheers
Astonish degreaser is amazing stuff for £3 a bottle and will easily do 3 engine cleans.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Engine-Dre...2ecb720763

replacing rusty screws and bolts with shiney stainless ones helps too....but Autosol and some elbow grease goes a long way to making bare metal look great
(22-09-2014, 04:38 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: [ -> ]Astonish degreaser is amazing stuff for £3 a bottle and will easily do 3 engine cleans.
ill have a look pal.

Cheers for the link piggy [WHITE SMILING FACE]
(22-09-2014, 03:54 PM)crumpy Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a must then and it does look good :-)

This is my old hdi that I sprayed up the plastics to color code but im still not sure I am a fan.

Verry nice man I think it looks all right at the min up to though lol
(22-09-2014, 05:46 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-09-2014, 03:54 PM)crumpy Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a must then and it does look good :-)

Verry nice man I think it looks all right at the min up to though lol
Thanks pal but its my old hdi.

[attachment=19217]

This is my current hdi. saying that, this is going soon so I'm planning for the next 306 lol

Dont know how a pic of my dog got on there lol
Lol ye that was abit random lol ye shes a love car man wish my car was as stright as that man lol

My little Popadoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Here's my extremely clean engine bay!
[attachment=19226]

Plenty of inspiration there crump! :-)
Here's a few of mine. Slowly getting mine in shape
(22-09-2014, 11:28 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: [ -> ]Tidying my engine bay is on my to do list, it's full of wires and pipes and zip ties :/

yeah strip it all out..

who needs pipes and wires anyway
(22-09-2014, 08:57 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a few of mine. Slowly getting mine in shape
They look good mate. I'm looking in to colored pipes now as they look so good in a clean bay.

(22-09-2014, 07:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]

Kent that is soo clean mate. such an inspirational pic you have shared with us. ;-)
(24-09-2014, 08:13 PM)crumpy Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-09-2014, 08:57 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a few of mine. Slowly getting mine in shape
They look good mate. I'm looking in to colored pipes now as they look so good in a clean bay.

(22-09-2014, 07:01 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]

Look at boost junkies web site for vacuum pipes. Paid £15 for a whole kit.

Kent that is soo clean mate. such an inspirational pic you have shared with us. ;-)
Steal photo of immaculate engine bay, make a perfect sized canvas print, lift bonnet and place on top, nobody will know unless they touch it

And come on crump are you really asking what conduit is pal Smile
(24-09-2014, 08:34 PM)deggerz Wrote: [ -> ]Steal photo of immaculate engine bay, make a perfect sized canvas print, lift bonnet and place on top, nobody will know unless they touch it

And come on crump are you really asking what conduit is pal Smile
mate I asked kent and he didn't either.
the canvas print idea is genius!
Conduit is wiring cover thingy iirc
Yep, conduit is the plastic tubing that the wires run through.... C&G in electrics coming in handy for once. lol
Pages: 1 2