306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Odd little peugeot products
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now I know peugeot are known for making odd little bits and more than just cars etc. Just thought be a place to post them.

One I saw tonight at the bottom of this salt grinder. Disguised as a 2000 bottle of wine.

[Image: 6948717053c3fa8cb7980b883bfe3454.jpg]
Afaik they are made by a seperate company just with the same name.

Though I think some time way back in time they were all combined
All the same Company, Do loads, Power Tools, Grinder's (Not weed) Salt, Pepper, Do a search on the museum
I had a Peugeot bmx when I was a kid.
(21-09-2014, 04:43 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: [ -> ]I had a Peugeot bmx when I was a kid.

Aye I've seen a few peugeot road bikes before. Never any bmx's though.
(21-09-2014, 05:03 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2014, 04:43 PM)MisterGTR Wrote: [ -> ]I had a Peugeot bmx when I was a kid.

Aye I've seen a few peugeot road bikes before. Never any bmx's though.
Must have been around 86. They were giving them away free with new car purchases. But I saw an advert in evening times and it turned out that the dealer had surplus as not everybody wanted them. Was £80 for a £500 bike. Loved that bike! If I ever find a photo I'll post it.
It only got binned a few years ago. Was sitting in my dad's garage all these years.
So people were turning down a free bike worth £500? Doh lol
Peugeot started as a manufacturing and gear making company IIRC, they still own the patent for that particular design of pepper grinder since the 1800's, they have made coffee grinders since the 1800's too.

initially it was the same company making the bicycles until they split in 1926
(21-09-2014, 05:45 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]Peugeot started as a manufacturing and gear making company IIRC, they still own the patent for that particular design of pepper grinder since the 1800's, they have made coffee grinders since the 1800's too.

Don't patents only last 20 years anyway tho
??
Depends if you renew it I guess
I don't think they'll let you renew it that many times??
The patent expires and it becomes public knowledge, and so anyone can knock one out.
(22-09-2014, 03:57 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ], and so anyone can knock one out.

Giggidy.