306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Recommend Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I run an genuine OMP corsica with OMP boss. Ive seen these removable adapters and think it wouldnt be a bad move for deterring any possible thieves in east London. Cant drive it away if it doesnt have a wheel!
Wouldnt mind also getting the wheel closer and having more shinies on the car too.

I have heard there are a lot of fakes out there so I was wondering if anyone had a certain make/model they would recommend and where the best to buy from is.

Cheers
Sam
NRG QR hubs are excellent, FunkyPower are the official distributor in the UK IIRC, tons of fakes on eBay so don't go there.
I used a B&G one on mine, great piece of kit...
^^^^^ what he said.. The B&G one is a quality bit of kit. Not cheap but ive seen some cheap ones fail. Not what you want on your cars steering really.
(05-09-2014, 11:38 AM)PartyJas Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^^ what he said.. The B&G one is a quality bit of kit. Not cheap but ive seen some cheap ones fail. Not what you want on your cars steering really.

Off topic.. But you'll find this funny.

When I was a kid, we had a number of field cars. One of them never (and I mean the entire time we had it) had a steering wheel. We just used a pair of mole grips on it!

Smile
I've got one of these from ebay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=i...07&alt=web
Would not recommend it, the holes in the two parts don't line up with each other and there is a small amount of play in it.
Driftworks, its what im running, £70 available from their site or their evay store. Best one ive had no play in it at all, still as solid as new.
(05-09-2014, 11:59 AM)Slam Wagon Wrote: [ -> ]Driftworks, its what im running, £70 available from their site or their evay store. Best one ive had no play in it at all, still as solid as new.

This is the one that I had read about. Any modification needed for that or just the standard wheel bolts and holes?
Don't get a cheap eBay one as they have loads of play.
I like the look of the splined rally type ones.

IMO they are very little deterrent for theft as you can still drive the car without the wheel by sticking the wheel brace through the boss.
BecauseRaceCar and BecauseSlightlyMoreSecureCar
(05-09-2014, 11:48 AM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2014, 11:38 AM)PartyJas Wrote: [ -> ]^^^^^ what he said.. The B&G one is a quality bit of kit. Not cheap but ive seen some cheap ones fail. Not what you want on your cars steering really.

Off topic.. But you'll find this funny.

When I was a kid, we had a number of field cars. One of them never (and I mean the entire time we had it) had a steering wheel. We just used a pair of mole grips on it!

Smile

I worked with a guy about 18 years ago who had a quick release wheel on his AX GT. He got back to the car one night to find someone had stolen the steering wheel from under the seat so he drove the car home (20 miles) using mole grips. The next day he realised he had put the wheel under the other seat and it was still there. EPIC FAILZ.!! hahaha
(05-09-2014, 12:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]IMO they are very little deterrent for theft as you can still drive the car without the wheel by sticking the wheel brace through the boss.

How??

[Image: steeringwheel.jpg]
(05-09-2014, 01:22 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2014, 12:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]IMO they are very little deterrent for theft as you can still drive the car without the wheel by sticking the wheel brace through the boss.

How??

[Image: steeringwheel.jpg]

Have you seen a 306 boss? They are all about 3-4 inches long and have a black corrugated plastic sleeve over 4 slightly bent bits of metal that run towards the driver. These are the impact absorption that are required and it is these you can stick a bar between to steer.
Straight fit, i think it comes with the extra bolts you need but if not then you can pick some up easily enough.
(05-09-2014, 10:55 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

I run an genuine OMP corsica with OMP boss. Ive seen these removable adapters and think it wouldnt be a bad move for deterring any possible thieves in east London. Cant drive it away if it doesnt have a wheel!
Wouldnt mind also getting the wheel closer and having more shinies on the car too.

I have heard there are a lot of fakes out there so I was wondering if anyone had a certain make/model they would recommend and where the best to buy from is.

Cheers
Sam

Hi Sam....

this is one of the best ones out there.... my mate has it and I am ordering after payday... read the comments... I am opting for this one as fooby and the guys on the forum know I needs this to get in and out of car... and I hammer it... so I will not have one that will have play in it even after a bashing!!!

All the best http://www.bg-racing.co.uk/products-veh-...lease.html

Dom

205 lefthand drive, maxi kit, 306 custom engine Smile
Yes! Cheers Dom. Hopefully Ill see you at some events this year!
(06-02-2015, 12:02 PM)Dom Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2014, 10:55 AM)Eeyore Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

Cheers
Sam

Hi Sam....

this is one of the best ones out there.... my mate has it and I am ordering after payday... read the comments... I am opting for this one as fooby and the guys on the forum know I needs this to get in and out of car... and I hammer it... so I will not have one that will have play in it even after a bashing!!!

All the best http://www.bg-racing.co.uk/products-veh-...lease.html

Dom

205 lefthand drive, maxi kit, 306 custom engine Smile

I have access to many different quick release bosses because of where I work and i chose the BG Racing one for my own car. Definitely worth spending a bit more money for one.