306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New Dirty 306
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my first Pug. The 1996 Peugeot XSi (AKA New dirty Pug.)

I paid $1650 NZD for it. 155,000 km on the clock. Great, well looked after condition all round.

So far I love this car and can't wait to get it on the track.

Here it is a few days after purchase.

[Image: 7uz3w3F.jpg]

Coast, fogs on.

[Image: 0AYDSLH.jpg]

Night shot.

[Image: Y0Oe4rX.jpg]

Engine bay. (I added the K&N filter.)

[Image: xhld0rj.jpg]

0-100 kph

[Image: o5YbNCP.jpg]

Rear end.

[Image: QKqdjsf.jpg]

Installed some daytime driving lights.

[Image: enTb7xT.jpg]
[Image: XZZWIGU.jpg]

Black fog caps.

[Image: cDelzgj.jpg]

Removed roof racks.

[Image: HVI7UhC.jpg]

Interior. (I added the head unit, gauges, tree freshener, pedals and shift knob.)

[Image: sAti8Z4.jpg]

Listen that engine!

Look forward to some feedback.
The needs a smack from a lowering stick and a good polish...that colour comes up a treat Smile
Welcome to the forum mate! tidy looking car you have, as said it just needs a clean and a good polish Smile

Off topic but whereabouts in NZ are you from? I spent a few months out there a while back and fell in love with the country - south island in particular. I'm eternally jealous of the roads you guys have too!
Wellington, but have spent several years in the great south.

This car is being neither lowered nor polished any time soon.
Get it lowered! Good to have a NZ member here. is it true you dont need insurance in NZ?
The mrs r me have wanted to move to nz for years. There much of a scene for pugs down there?
True. Currently driving uninsured. Might think about lowering it once I have the funds.

Everything is being done on a shoestring budget.

I bought race decals and a fire extinguisher today.

[Image: x3HLVBM.jpg]
Shoestring budget...bought a fire extinguisher and decals...drive uninsured.

I liked the idea of living in NZ one day...maybe not
[Image: uVHZghg.jpg]
so what happens when you smack someone and hurt them in a car crash or destroy someones pride and joy!? Undecided
(06-09-2014, 12:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]so what happens when you smack someone and hurt them in a car crash or destroy someones pride and joy!? Undecided

I am the only person in New Zealand who owns a car.
Insurance isnt a requirement in NZ. They have pretty lax laws as to what you can drive too.
(06-09-2014, 08:53 AM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]The mrs r me have wanted to move to nz for years. There much of a scene for pugs down there?

Once I join a car club i'll have more of an idea of what the NZ pug scene is like.
(06-09-2014, 06:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Insurance isnt a requirement in NZ. They have pretty lax laws as to what you can drive too.

Yeah but not as much as you think. Wheel spins for instance...can lose ya licence for it.
Pretty harsh punishments for small law breaking. Speeding for instance is hard hit too.
Although they dont give a crap about emissions or insurance! lol
(06-09-2014, 07:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2014, 06:41 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Insurance isnt a requirement in NZ. They have pretty lax laws as to what you can drive too.

Yeah but not as much as you think. Wheel spins for instance...can lose ya licence for it.
Pretty harsh punishments for small law breaking. Speeding for instance is hard hit too.
Although they dont give a crap about emissions or insurance! lol

Yep, A $600 speeding fine is just not fair.
That's crazy! Bet there's some sweet drivers roads on the South Island tho right? Twisting through the hills?
(06-09-2014, 08:18 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]That's crazy! Bet there's some sweet drivers roads on the South Island tho right? Twisting through the hills?

I'm in the North Island but yea can't wait to take it on the twisties down South.

Will probably get a radar detector before I do that though.
Awaiting pics of that ;-)
Is that rear end low enough for you gents now?

[Image: mjcBfJX.jpg]
Much better !
Get the front end sorted...she'll be so unbalanced currently!

But well done...you've done the hard part
Installed some bonnet clips today.

[Image: NJtwVvg.jpg]

[Image: 7IeGbI5.jpg]

y

Me driving safely driving into Wellington City. Note the 106 before I pass the second lorry.
Polish today.

[Image: U9S9KaH.jpg]

Some NZ driving for you lads.

http://youtu.be/7e0wPhEQW7w
Eerily similar yet very different. Roads r quiet! Reminds me of Scotland on a summers day early morning
Large update for ya'll

Installed sway bar, new K&N, and drilled some vent holes.

[Image: cODKQ2E.jpg]

Nardi wheel!, sticker bomb, more gauges and an onboard Raspberry Pi computer (Gonna use it for diagnostics.)

[Image: KgLP87Q.jpg]

New back box and exhaust tip.

[Image: DBUSPyl.jpg]

New wheels and tyres, still to fit the rears.

[Image: UxWXebD.jpg]

Glamour shots

[Image: fBF9dQA.jpg]

[Image: RcQqaZm.jpg]

Plenty of vids if you're interested.
Videos Inlove
Do you have the twin optic headlights?
Sounds nice buddy!
Pages: 1 2