306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: phase2 to phase 3 crystals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it appears some wally lacquered my phase 2 head lights and they have begun to blister.
so my question is if I swap them out for phase 3 crystals is it a straight swap? And if not what's involved?
cheers
Yeah get them swapped.

Great upgrade. You wil want the twin optic stalk to go with them or see a guide I made on converting your current one to twin optic
I had to change the headlight adjusters over aswell, easy though they just pop off
plug and play, as said above you'll need to swap the adjusters off. you don't have to change the stalk but i think if you don't, the dipped beams are on when you have high beams on otherwise. so worth just popping a p3 stalk in really
Easy as everyone has said! Crystals and the twin optic stalk. Im more interested to know why the phase 2 ones were lacquered haha
My phase 2 lights were the same all peeling on the lense
When you say the stalk. What do you mean? Which part is that?
The indicator stalk. Remove the wheel shroud and it unplug and slides out
(05-09-2014, 11:08 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]The indicator stalk. Remove the wheel shroud and it unplug and slides out

Essy as peas
(05-09-2014, 09:08 AM)rikky Wrote: [ -> ]plug and play, as said above you'll need to swap the adjusters off. you don't have to change the stalk but i think if you don't, the dipped beams are on when you have high beams on otherwise. so worth just popping a p3 stalk in really

Its the opposite.

You want high and low on together but with a single optic with a h4 you run the risk of burning the dual filaments out...no such issue with twin optics.
I swapped out my ph2 lights for ph3 a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed by how much more light the full beams were putting out, now I know why. So just to be be a numpty and ask again, am I goons break something if I don't put the stalk from a ph3 in?
(08-09-2014, 09:30 PM)Dj306 Wrote: [ -> ]I swapped out my ph2 lights for ph3 a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed by how much more light the full beams were putting out, now I know why. So just to be be a numpty and ask again, am I goons break something if I don't put the stalk from a ph3 in?

Sounds good, ill have to get onit then. Sounds lile replacing the stalk is easy enough. Maybe do a hid change up as well
(09-09-2014, 04:36 PM)impotentials Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2014, 09:30 PM)Dj306 Wrote: [ -> ]I swapped out my ph2 lights for ph3 a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed by how much more light the full beams were putting out, now I know why. So just to be be a numpty and ask again, am I goons break something if I don't put the stalk from a ph3 in?

Sounds good, ill have to get onit then. Sounds lile replacing the stalk is easy enough. Maybe do a hid change up as well

Please don't...unless you're planning on using projectors (like angel eyes or similar). HID's in standard halogen reflector housings are just like (to quote Ruan) "shitting light everywhere". If you want to run HID headlights, at least get projector lenses.
Thanks for the advice. I like the idea of angel eyes so to have a spare hole for venting, but I think crystaks will be less cluttered and cleaner looking. No hid....
I think you're thinking of Morettes, which are both reflector lenses:

[Image: 5284db8ee6917aa3-1.jpg]

instead of Angels:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14923][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=15072]

See the angels have a projector lens on the outside for the dipped beams, then a reflector lens on the inside for the main beams. If you're gonna run HID's...get projectors. Wink
So angels are on phase 3s?
No, you can get angels for all phases, but phase 1 angels are a different shape. 2 and 3 are the same though. My dt (above) was ph2. Wink
Easy upgrade, I have a pair of Ph3 Crystals & stalk £30 Posted.
Chris
Really tempted. Bit I need 100 posts first.
Well you're nearly there now mate, and from my point of view, you've done a fantastic job of getting properly involved in the community! If only we had more new members like you! Wink
(11-09-2014, 09:15 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Well you're nearly there now mate, and from my point of view, you've done a fantastic job of getting properly involved in the community! If only we had more new members like you! Wink

Thanks mate, enjoying this whole forum thing so far. Hoping to meet people in the flesh at some point and really share a joint interest
Have you got your name down for the Christmas meet? (That reminds me, really must get MY name on there! lol ) That'll be a great opportunity to really get to know people, as its more of a casual, sit down with a few (read: truckload of) drinks, and be sociable, than standing around in a freezing car park talking about cars. Not that i've been to one yet, but im planning to make it this year! Angel
(11-09-2014, 09:21 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Have you got your name down for the Christmas meet? (That reminds me, really must get MY name on there! lol ) That'll be a great opportunity to really get to know people, as its more of a casual, sit down with a few (read: truckload of) drinks, and be sociable, than standing around in a freezing car park talking about cars. Not that i've been to one yet, but im planning to make it this year! Angel

I certainly will consider it. If not just for the day trip.
Day trip?! It's an entire weekend my friend! Wink
(11-09-2014, 11:23 AM)Chris1357 Wrote: [ -> ]Easy upgrade, I have a pair of Ph3 Crystals & stalk £30 Posted.
Chris

Hey man, any chance you still want to get rid of those crystals? if so what condition are they in?
cheers
(11-09-2014, 11:23 AM)Chris1357 Wrote: [ -> ]Easy upgrade, I have a pair of Ph3 Crystals & stalk £30 Posted.
Chris

Hey, just wondering if you still want to sell your crystals?