306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a turbo lying around here not sure what its off, just lookong for some info about it as to whether it was a standard turbo as I think it was off a 2.0 hdi all I can see written on the turbo is M9 garrett 43
That'll be a gt15 - standard turbo on a HDi, as you've guessed.
Thanks mate is it worth doing anything to like is there and better internalls for it to make a hybrid or is it best to just keep as a back up turbo
gt15's aren't worth doing anything to

just hybrid it, the only to make it useful
It's still too small to make a decent hybrid out of, hotside is tiny, much better turbo's out there that could be fitted/bought for the cost of making a hybrid
As midnight says tbh, find something else. This is a good resource for checking out turbos: http://www.dieselevante.it/index.asp. Look for something that makes the sort of power you're looking for (about 160bhp for stage 2), i'd suggest sticking to diesel units.

The GT15 you have is only any use as oem spares.
Ok thanks for the info lads, think ill just keep it as a back up just incase
You can get 160 bhp out of a K03/GT15... It's a restrictive turbo, but it's doable
Yes it's doable, but after 20k your top end will have a tantrum and cost you a lot more than the price of a proper turbo, so what's the point?

Making 300bhp on standard parts and a ton of nos is doable. Rolleyes
I don't really think everyone tunes the car with the hopes of it lasting forever. It may last 5 minutes, it may last 40k.