306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Anyone know about saabs? Need help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

My dad has owned this saab for a long time now and had nothing wrong with it, he had the cambelt changed and a new turbo, to do this they had to take the engine out of the car, this was a year or two, but one day we had started the car up and it started making a whining noise but when you put the clutch down the noise stops, dose anyone know what it is before i take it to the garage and spend money on it.ExclamationSpeechless
If it stops when you.put the clutch down probably release bearing on clutch. So new clutch kit time Smile
Yeah more than likely release bearing to get to it it's gearbox off so while your at it get the clutch changed.
I was thinking the pressure plate, dam that is guna be expensive .
What sabb is it? Year etc.
Have fun, subframe job lol there will be a DMF on that aswell (guessing its a derv) so check that for in and out play while clutch is off (you will get ~2mm side to side), if thats buggered its around 300 quid for a new one
Cheers for the heads up lol still will be a pain to fix, it is a saab 95 turbo 2001 2.0L se