306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Guess the Hire Car - Round 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tomorrow the Skoda Labia is being picked up from by the recovery company, and they've managed to sort their act out enough to give me what I believe will be a proper car. I'm told it'll be something similar to the coupe, so hopefully something a bit bigger and more comfortable, and not a phase 2 (aka falling apart) fabia.

I'm told it'll be a 2l or above, but they haven't specified on petrol or diesel, 3 or 5 door, auto or manual. My bets would be either an Isignia or maybe an A4.
im gunna go with passat
passat 1.8T would be nice
Insignia VXR
Insignia ecoflex hatchback, 2.0 diesel...
A Prius Big Grin hahaha
Its a hire car so it will be epically boring and shit as thats pretty standard is it not?

Insignia is probably a likely option TBH.
Scott Wrote:I'm told it'll be a 2l or above,

stevieg Wrote:passat 1.8T would be nice

Don't think it'l be that somehow... :think:

My guess is a modeo of some sort, possibly a 2.0 TDCi ECOnetic.
3 series diesel
I'm guessing 2.0 diesel Insignia, everyone seems to get them as courtesy cars these days Wink
THE_Liam Wrote:I'm guessing 2.0 diesel Insignia, everyone seems to get them as courtesy cars these days Wink

This is exactly why I decided on the insignia lol
Niall Wrote:3 series diesel

Base price of them is 9 times out of 10 too high for hire companies to bother with them. That combined with the fact that they're shit....
Bosched Phase 1 twisted up to the max with a straight through exhaust and underlighting
Darren's Derv Bus, he's had to hire it out to pay for all the epic turbos and insurance lol
they could be digging around and found the last Vectra diesel built pmsl
Anything is better than that Skoda! I used to like them, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to give the 6 a run for it's money noise-wise, adn I don't think I should feel the engine vibrations from the passenger seat :/ It was however hilarious when Scott tried to adjust the wingmirrors, and the plastic AROUND the control fell off in his hand....
ahhhh good ol german build quality there!!
Looks like they've gone downhill since mine was made, but then again it is riddled with electrical faults...
Okay so I know what it is, its German...

I'll explain the further fail when I get home and i'm not on my phone.
Its not an A-Class is it? lmao
WiNgNuTz Wrote:Its not an A-Class is it? lmao

If it is, send it back! There shit.
I reckon 1 or 3 series
Which one...
3 Series
2.0L plus... im going to guesss an astra 5 door diesel.
I reckon it's a 1-Series, otherwise known as the ugliest car on earth lol
lol Correctamundo. White 118d m-sport. Not driven it yet but it doesn't look too bad IMO and the interior is alright. Not driven it yet as they dropped it at my house. Will be having a proper drive of it tomorrow.

At least it's new (just over 1k mileage) and not a 'phase 2' skoda (aka bits falling off)
What part of that car is 2ltr? lol
Scott Wrote:lol Correctamundo. White 118d m-sport. Not driven it yet but it doesn't look too bad IMO and the interior is alright. Not driven it yet as they dropped it at my house. Will be having a proper drive of it tomorrow.

At least it's new (just over 1k mileage) and not a 'phase 2' skoda (aka bits falling off)

Yay! What do I win?
It's actually a 1995cc engine Wink Not sure why they're badged up as the 118d instead of a 120d to be honest, but yeah. Pretty comfy to drive. Got a fairly long drive tomorrow after work so I'll post up a better review kinda thing then. May also drive it to camping this weekend to save money on fuel, will see whether Kim is desperate to show off her 6 Smile
The 6 is coming...
Pages: 1 2