306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Key fob won't start car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know another key fob thread but I can't find the answer I'm looking for, basically the key with the buttons won't start my car. The remote central locking works fine.

I did a re sync and got it to work and start the car and thought great it's working. But I've just gone out to start it and it won't start with the fob key. I have to re-sync it every time. Is there any way to permanently fix this? It's a IR fob.

All help is appreciated Smile
the key has 3 parts

part 1 IR buttons

this only controls the locking unlocking and alarm set unset
can be synced by yourself

part 2 Immo chip

the Immo chip ether works or dont this is what unlocks the ecu/pump
this can only be programed with pp2000 or cloned into another chip by people with the hardware

part 3 key blade

mechanical lock unlock and ign barrel
As cully says, the immobiliser chip is unrelated to the IR chip which means the "resync" isn't actually related to the immob chip at all. I would imagine its one of several things;
Bad pick up ring
Bad chip - can be cloned into a new one by Timpsons assuming their machine can read it
Chip isn't in the correct place in the case - if its just been jammed in somewhere, it may only just be close enough to the pick up ring
(17-08-2014, 07:41 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]As cully says, the immobiliser chip is unrelated to the IR chip which means the "resync" isn't actually related to the immob chip at all. I would imagine its one of several things;
Bad pick up ring
Bad chip - can be cloned into a new one by Timpsons assuming their machine can read it
Chip isn't in the correct place in the case - if its just been jammed in somewhere, it may only just be close enough to the pick up ring

Hmm this sounds expensive :/ so why when I re-sync it, it starts but forgets it after the car is locked. Is this to do with the chip?
T300 Key Programmer English/Spanish 2013 Version
http://www.obd2works.com/t300-key-progra...-1818.html
[Image: T300_Blue_1.jpg]