306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fitted fmic over past couple off days its now finshed but is only boost at 10 psi an sounds like theres a boost leak I have check every pipe an conection they are all tight an sealed an still cant find a leak I have a mbc fitted when open full it still boost at ten psi can anyone help
find the boost! leak spray some soap solution around the hose joints bubbles will point you in the right direction
Did you blank the EGR? If so, is that leaking?
Yh its blanked an its not leaking
When you say you wound the mbc open is wound all the way in? If its wound out that's what decreases the boost.
I wound it in the direction it said to open it an it did nothing the guy never fitted the the t piece that was in with the kit
Have you tried winding it in at all? I said to wind it out first to make sure you didn't overboost when you first fitted it.

10psi does smack of a bigger problem though, is the turbo noisy at all?
That kit only works with the t piece doesnt it?

Shocking mbc....awful thing....get a decent one and fit it yourself, theres a guide on here sonewhere then at least you know its not that then.
What makes it so bad piggy, have you had problems with one?
Yeah.

They are unbelieveably cheap nastily made. Plus when you see how they work, I know the brass and ball has a tiny pin hole to vent but these just dont control it properly imo and let all the boost out when they do

[Image: MBC_1.JPG]
Is that how they say to set them up?
Yup...those cheap ones anyway
Ball and spring type are generally bit, and easier to fit as it's just 2 pipes