306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: another 206 question thread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok... neighbour is having a little electrical issue with her pug (Gasp: who would have thought)

Car: 206 quicksilver, 1.4petrol
year: 2001 (Y reg)
Problem: when the lights are on, the brake lights are on... essentially (they work normally when the headlights/lights are off)..

Any ideas on where to start looking before i go and start pulling the car apart?
Wrong bulbs fitted or incorrectly fitted would be my bet
As Piggy says, it's usually because someone's fitted a single pin bulb in the twin pin brake/tail light holder. Since it's a 206 the other main option is a light cluster full of water, causing horribly corroded earths and tracks.
(13-08-2014, 05:59 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Since it's a FRENCH CAR the other main option is a light cluster full of water, causing horribly corroded earths and tracks.

EFA lol
Or a twin bulb fitted the wrong way, I cant remember what the "bayonet" fitting is like if its straight or offset lol
(13-08-2014, 05:59 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]As Piggy says, it's usually because someone's fitted a single pin bulb in the twin pin brake/tail light holder. Since it's a 206 the other main option is a light cluster full of water, causing horribly corroded earths and tracks.

I'll go with that, was exactly what happened to mine, never seen so much crusty white shit in a light cluster before lol! Though the brake light switch had been kicked by a passenger as well lol. 206s have nearly as many design flaws as 306s. lol
Yeah as said wrong bulb.

Normally when a tail light is where a stop and tail is mentioned to be.