306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: injector socket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering what size socket(s) will be needed to convert from lucas to bosch?
Cheers,
Phil
27mm deep
Will just a normal deep socket do the job? Or do i need an actaul socket for injectors?
A normal deep 27mm sockets fine
That will do, cheers
Heard the halfords ones arent deep enough tho?
Ahh balls typical i have halfords ones haha any particular make then?
I used a halfords one and it was fine.
It depends - a big 27mm generally will fit, but some have casting marks which won't clear the leak off nipples.

Halfords ones it depends who they're using to make the sockets these days, they used to fit, but I've a suspicion I've heard someone say they bought one and it didn't fit - so essentially - it's a stab in the dark. If it doesn't fit, you'll just have to take it back!
27mm spanner
I use a 27mm halfords socket. I needed to hit the socket on the lucas injectors and it f*cked the thread on the injector line bosch injectors it's fine though
27mm injector socket Wink . Cheap on Ebay.
draper do specific 27mm injector sockets.
I bought a 27mm deep socket and an injector socket when I took some off. Injector one worked fine and returned the unused one.
I cut a socket in half and welded a bit of handrail tube between it
I had a Draper one too, was cheap and does the job.
(12-08-2014, 06:29 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]draper do specific 27mm injector sockets.

as do laser tools,

local motorfactors, wont be the cheapest in the world but it works a treat!
(12-08-2014, 06:29 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]draper do specific 27mm injector sockets.

This. You won't go wrong.

Don't do halfrauds.
Will order a draper one then Smile
Cheers!