306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 Ignition Barrel stuck!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all, today i have encountered a problem with the 306, i got in the car went down the road stopped went to turn it back on and had a crack noise followed by the key getting jammed on start, i manged to turn it back off and pull the key out. But however can not get the key past the first click as the barrel has jammed up. AngryAngry

I therefore went to remove the barrel for inspection and therefore because i can not rotate the key to the second click i can not press in the security lugs on the side of the barrel to allow me to release it form the casing

[Image: IMG_11011_zpsfe08d7ab.jpg]

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get the barrel out with out destroying it? as i have heard on here that sometimes it can be the plastic electric commutator, therefore i don't want to damage the barrel unnecessarily?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
the security lugs should push in before you get to the first click
I have tryed to push then with anything upto the first click and not been able to, I will try again tomorrow with some more force have you got any ideas if tey still won't budge. Without actually cutting the stearing Collin casing?
Jake
all sported now just needed some persuasion to get the pins to go up into the Barrel
jake