306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: More car thoughts, HONDA Accord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I know I seem to be coming up with a new thread every few days about my car finding troubles.

But i've been looking at Accords, and found this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Accord-2...4ad89303f2

The exectuive spec has all the nice toys, including a nice big sat nav. Miles and seat damage worry me a bit though. Tempted to go see this later. Any thoughts?
They're a very nice place to be inside, but they don't do anything for me.. personally would see it as a bit of a sideways step from the C5..

EDIT: didnt see the miles, certainly wouldnt pay £2000 for a 9 year old car with almost 200k on it!
It is meant to be a sideways step, just want something similar to my C5 but with a few more toys.

Agreed on the miles, but not sure what its worth TBH. Got some numbers from Ebay, a 2005 with 181k went for £1405 and a 2004 with 188k went for £800.
I very much like that shape of accord and the 2.2 CDTi is an awesome engine. I'd have one if i was in the market for that age/size of car and wasnt going to go BMW or Mondeo
i still think the wheels look tiny on the actual thing..

would love one, but the wheels would have to be changed so they didnt look like pins in the center of a bar side.
Wheels are a fairly minor irritation, would have to look at tires prices for bigger ones!

Any other thoughts on what I should offer? Im thinking closer to £1500 but as its a dealer they wont want to go down that low!
190E

/thread
(31-07-2014, 01:55 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]190E

/thread

I havent got any tapes........... Confused

Plus I like air con!
(31-07-2014, 09:39 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed on the miles, but not sure what its worth TBH.

Autotrader recommend £1700 private sale on that car/miles! I would think you could push to ~£1750 at a dealer, most people will be put off by the mileage and they know that.

Wouldn't put me off tbh, its a Honda, you cant break it. I did 2 weeks at a Honda main dealer and done nothing but servicing, tyres and PDIs in that time lol, they seem to be unbreakable!
Went to see it,compared to my C5 on 150k the seat was so tatty with big tears in the leather, lots of really bad wear on interior trim too.

I know its 200k but the extra 50k cant make THAT much difference.
(31-07-2014, 03:15 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-07-2014, 01:55 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]190E

/thread

I havent got any tapes........... Confused

Plus I like air con!
You can get them with AC mate Wink
Proper nice car and the 2.2 is a torquey monster.

I do prefer them with the 17/18 inch grey 5 spoke alloys.

Interior is 10x better than the c5....actually it all is
If I had 2k to spend on an Accord..

[Image: Honda_Accord_Type_R.jpg]
Pete that is nice, but i'm guessing a petrol version? I need the 55mpg diesel!

Found another to ring, but super busy tomorrow!
(31-07-2014, 05:25 PM)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]If I had 2k to spend on an Accord..

[Image: Honda_Accord_Type_R.jpg]
Type R, one of the few more modern cars I'd have Smile
True doubt you'd get 55mpg out of it lol. They are decent to run though if you take it steady with them..Been on my radar for years!
The headmaster at my school had one of these.... therefore its boring.
(01-08-2014, 11:03 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]The headmaster at my school had one of these.... therefore its boring.

Well I am a teacher! lol
(01-08-2014, 11:39 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-08-2014, 11:03 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]The headmaster at my school had one of these.... therefore its boring.

Well I am a teacher! lol

Then I guess its acceptable. Buy it.