306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Custom Engine mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As mentioned on the chatbox im experimenting with a custom engine mount for the XUD engine. I have a baker BM mount on my DT at the moment and the car vibrates like buggery. So... im looking for a compromise between vibration and performance as we know the standard bottom mount can detiorate to a stage where it no longer controls engine movement.

What i have done is filled a brand new pattern mount part with a 2 part epoxy rubber. This fills all of the dead space the mount has. I also then intend to mount it with the large buffers at 90 degrees to the engine to further help the mount.

Hopefuly will get this fitted this week so i can test it

Shit picture :-
[Image: scaled.php?server=651&filename=dsc00726w.jpg&res=medium]

And a picture of the Rallye slaving the DT to get it moved off the lawn :-
[Image: scaled.php?server=39&filename=dsc00725dt.jpg&res=medium]
Ooh very nice, interested in the results Smile
Interesting as I am pretty sure my bottom mount is ruined but I CBA to pull the drive shaft and drain the gearbox to sort it out lol
f*ck pulling the shaft out! Ill cut it with a hacksaw and then chisel it out!
Epic to see some life in the DT Smile

Heh getting the stock mounts out is a bit of a farce, Ive never tried doing it on the car, but then I use the same technique off the car, so might be possible Tongue
What do you do off the car? Ive always chopped and chiselled! As Mark said with dropping a shaft, way too much faffing! Big Grin

Im missing the DT having cleaned her yesterday!
Atterz Wrote:What do you do off the car? Ive always chopped and chiselled! As Mark said with dropping a shaft, way too much faffing! Big Grin

Im missing the DT having cleaned her yesterday!

I'm going to take a guess of BFO hammer, blow torch, hacksaw, chisel.................

Maybe a grinder and welder for when it goes wrong? lol
Nah I just use a hacksaw and chisel, but do it with the mount off the engine....tbh its only ever because ive been fitting my powerflex mount to my new motor builds, ive never had to change a mount in the car, so haven't tried, but id try as well, anything to save stripping shit down for no reason!

Get the derv back on the road with a chronic blower!
I was gonna say i cant imagine you have had an engine in long enough to have to change the mount Big Grin Ive never removed the engine mount cradle so will have a crack with hacksaw and chisel again Big Grin

Mate i would love the DT to get back on the road again, just cant afford to run two cars on a single income Sad Ive gave her a good clean and really want to drive it again. Needs some new injectors and the pumps leaking derv from somewhere around the back. And definatly needs a bigger turbo, i want somthing lagless though for "drivability", god i feel gay saying that Big Grin.
Just drop a vnt like ruans on it, re seal the pump, and itl be quicker than your rallye, way more fun to drive, and still do 50mpg Smile
Haha may be quicker in a straigh line but it would have a lot to live up to in order to get it round corners faster! I was thinking VNT maybe, just want it to be drivable to use as my daily again.
darrenjlobb Wrote:Just drop a vnt like ruans on it, re seal the pump, and itl be quicker than your rallye, way more fun to drive, and still do 50mpg Smile

This may be true but no matter what you do, you always have that diesel noise!
Niall Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Just drop a vnt like ruans on it, re seal the pump, and itl be quicker than your rallye, way more fun to drive, and still do 50mpg Smile

Meh, high boosted diesel sounds 100 times more epic than a '6 imo....

And the only reason your rallye is better is because its on decent suspention / wheels and tyres...
And it has 3 doors Big Grin
Will be watching this space.
lol @ the banter, I also perfer the noise of a properly boosted diesel TBH

As for the extra doors problem, sell it and buy a 3 door one Wink
Sentimental attatchment wont allow me to sell it Smile.
Niall Wrote:

Trust me, you get to like it...

It's not a "oh I'll have to like that" - I actually genuinely prefer the clatter of a Diesel way more than a petrol these days. The problem is that Petrols don't have ANY character unless they're fully on cam...
Ruan Wrote:
Niall Wrote:

Trust me, you get to like it...

It's not a "oh I'll have to like that" - I actually genuinely prefer the clatter of a Diesel way more than a petrol these days. The problem is that Petrols don't have ANY character unless they're fully on cam...

Fully on Cam is where mine lives ha ha
Tbh nothing beats a derv, idling in public, with 20 deg of ignition timing, tractor spec ftw.