306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Spares XU10J4RS engine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not too sure what this would be worth, was going to strip it but doesn't look like ill have the time or space to do so now.

Basically a few people will know the story already, matrix hose popped off the bulkhead on track and drastically overheated causing it to cut out and not start again.

It's currently out of the car and has no cambelt or WP, no AC compressor, no aux belt, no gearbox and is missing one of the plugs from the loom where it plugs into the sump
I do have the compressor but I don't know if its any good

Any ideas what this would be worth? Can always strip it if there's interest in parts

Forgot to mention engine had done 136k when it came out wasn't a tapper and has been fairly well serviced
I maybe interested in a few months, if no one takes it. Make sure it's stored in a very dry place so no rust can kick in.
Sunday bump, ginge it's currently stored in a dry workshop which is where it will be staying until I get around to selling or stripping
Still got it
Bump, still dry stored haven't had chance to strip it yet
Again like ginge I'm interested but currently im skint and also not in a position to be able to come and get it as I cant walk/drive

Sadly with it being massively overheated its potentially scrap so I'm not sure I could offer you much more than scrap value for it.

Ginge if you are only interested in certain bits its largely the head and probably pistons/rods that I want.
To be honest mate it's not going anywhere fast, it's currently sat covered up in the workshop so if you let me know when you want it we could probably sort something out
Bump still got this
Does it have adjustable or fixed cam pulleys?
All RS engines have slight adjustment on the cam pulleys
NVM, sourced a set locally Smile
Still have this and need it gone before next weekend it's minus the flywheel now too