306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So Ell left to her new home early last week. Sad It was somebody from the '6 forum, but I won't say much more than that.Genuinely sad to see her go, but onwards and upwards. Or some sh1t like that....

[Image: 6D4D4BCD-15B9-43EA-9487-015B8E547943_zpskezi3ndl.jpg]

So last weekend Niall and myself (read; me and my chauffeur) took a trip over to Dartford to view the new candidate. After a test drive and thorough going over, a deposit was left and then mid week it was picked up.

What with the 'what car' thread. Lets see who can guess what this is?

[Image: 68308054-E11F-41CD-9F8E-15B032420755_zps9s82ol8e.jpg]
Just tell us all what it is you big mincer!
Looks comfy whatever it is!

I have absolutely no idea though...Alfa?
Volvo of some sought ?
Oh, oh i know! :p
Thinking about it, if Niall approves its probably a Saab. Big Grin
(28-07-2014, 09:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking about it, if Niall approves its probably a Saab. Big Grin

Nah its not. Not as quick as a Saab Wink Still just as if not more comfortable though!
Gotta be an ovlov?
Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag?
A Volvo? Please.... Wink

Liam, considering I had a conversation with you about it. Don't cheat :p

[Image: 8644C84C-5ED6-4DF2-905F-F542AB4D13BB_zpsdj8gpdt6.jpg]

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. So comfortable!
a mondeo!
(29-07-2014, 08:37 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]a mondeo!

No. Wrong car mate Wink
Nice, V6? Sound nice but thirsty & my 320d is quicker Wink
V6 on a Y reg? Think of the tax! Confused

Does look nice though! Big Grin
Absolutely love it. Wrong engine, should be a 4.2 supercharged.... but I am biased towards anything supercharged and Jaguar! Smile

Good purchase.
gaaaayyyyy
(29-07-2014, 08:32 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]A Volvo? Please.... Wink

Liam, considering I had a conversation with you about it. Don't cheat :p

[Image: 8644C84C-5ED6-4DF2-905F-F542AB4D13BB_zpsdj8gpdt6.jpg]

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. So comfortable!
No, you had a conversation with me about a wanky X-Type, an S-Type is far better! Please say its a V8!
(29-07-2014, 10:39 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Please say its a V8!

A-men brother.
Correct me if I'm wrong, 3.0 V6?
Nice car but I did prefer your 306!
It's the S Type 'sport'. So the 3.0 v6.

Not quite a v8 but packed with all the toys and very nice to drive. Not the Mondeo chassis like the x-type either.

The 306 was great fun, and I am sad to see it go. This car does a good job of easing the pain though
(29-07-2014, 12:27 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]It's the S Type 'sport'. So the 3.0 v6.

Not quite a v8 but packed with all the toys and very nice to drive. Not the Mondeo chassis like the x-type either.

The 306 was great fun, and I am sad to see it go. This car does a good job of easing the pain though

Decent, is it auto or manual?
The X-type is the Mondeo and they are hideous cars.

Never been in an S-type though!
It's an auto box. The manuals in this engine are hard to come by. They are out there, but few and far between. Surprisingly it's not too shabby for a 12 year old auto box. Fairly responsive and not too much hesitation between changes.
Are these RWD or FWD?
Rear wheel drive...

They use a ZF 6 speed box. I hate to tell you Grant, they are PRONE to failure - so keep an eye on it. They claim sealed for life, but if I were you I would 100% flush the gear oil.

Luckily, if it does break they are cheap and easy to swap over.

JP
Is that a rover 75 Tongue

Interesting purchase though man, really didn't expect that
Blimey, never seen someone's balls shrivel that fast before.

Lolz, sorry man, looks.... jag... like, which is... good?
(30-07-2014, 06:05 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey, never seen someone's balls shrivel that fast before.

Lolz, sorry man, looks.... jag... like, which is... good?

FFFUUUUU lol

It is good. Comfortable and quiet. Everything the 306 wasn't lol

Took it to devon and back at the weekend, saw an average on 38mpg. This included sitting static on the m25, and the m5 for a combined total of about 2 hours in traffic. Im quite impressed TBH.
That does sound excellent, I wouldn't get that from the 1.8 manual Merc on the same kind of drive, despite probably half the power!
I suppose to be fair, that was the trip computer, so take ~10% off of that, still 35ish MPG isn't shabby at all!
Pages: 1 2