306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Boot Build?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, ive decided to get a boot build, things i need to know is what type of stuff i need and if anyone has done it before, a step by step would be grateful, i dont want to spend silly money to someone that will charge more i would like to do it myself so i know what i am spending and can learn more, what sub speakers is the loudest, i want something loud.. thanks..
If you want something loud just get the biggest ripspeed unit that Halfords sell...if you want quality, that's different altogether. Wink
have a look in the audio and ice section.. some massive info in there on builds..

remember its not just about sticking speakers in MDF, size, porting etc helps too
Bascially i want the whole boot filled as i dont use it, and what is the head unit lol..
oh god....

Just get a decent sub and amp and stick it in the boot. It doesnt need to be big to be loud. Materials you are looking at are MDF if you want to build a box and you can add fibreglass and cloth if you want it to be curvy.

Each to their own but you can do better with your time and money than filling up your boot just for the sake of it.
Ok thanks srowell, i thought in my spare time i could do something to the car as on my two days off i havenothing to do, that is why i thought what is the best loud, i saw a fiesta some day and his was loud.. i mean really loud you could feel the bass and he was two cars in front of me.. i like listening ti loud music.. probs search stuff upp..
I have pretty much everything you'd need to get a sub set up in the boot, and I'm in Kent Wink
I have a sub and a amp fitted but thought of getting the boot build 2subs and 2 amps etc.. guna get quotes so if i think they r cheap going to go for it.. thanks anyway Smile
Moved to the correct section.

Not being funny, but I'd recommend you have a look around and do some more research. It's not all about how loud it is, or how much you can feel the bass... I can't think of much worse. Being able to hear your car from another car is certainly not something to aim for.

You don't need a massive boot build to have decent audio, either. If that's what you want, fair enough... But the two don't go hand-in-hand.
Exactly this. Tbh i would be spending your money on a decent kenwood head unit and focal 165vs. The quality is amazing.
Alpine over Kenwood any day. Tongue
To be honest the Merc has a pretty high-end Blaupunkt tape deck, and some old but expensive looking Harmon Kardon speakers up front, and nothing in the back at all, but the sound quality is better than any other car I've ever had despite 2 speakers and a tape deck...
At one point I had two 10" subs in my car, i then swapped them out for a set of 350w ministry of sound 6x9's hooked up to a little amp i found in a shipping container. And they sound twice as good as the subs. The quality is so much better. And still just as loud.
Depends which way you wana go with it mate. Either a full build that takes up your whole boot, 2x 15s, which is like stupid loud and built for hitting high DB but it will only play specific songs nicely.. Others will sound rubbish..
Where as you can go for a decent 12" in a properly specced box and it will play all kinds of different songs.. Headunit, Amp, Tweeters an mids all make a big difference too.
It isnt just a case of add a sub an wheyy all is good..
For a fully decent system, you need all of the above.
(29-07-2014, 07:54 AM)willJspears Wrote: [ -> ]At one point I had two 10" subs in my car, i then swapped them out for a set of 350w ministry of sound 6x9's hooked up to a little amp i found in a shipping container. And they sound twice as good as the subs. The quality is so much better. And still just as loud.

I think that says more about the quality of the previous install, than the 6x9s... 6x9s should never be fitted under any cirmcumstances. Ever.

There's no need to have loud speskers in the back of a car, they're just there for fill. As above, IMO you want a nice all round system, decent quality and set up correctly.
ok cheers guys, I am going to stick with my current sub, I might just go with the tweeters and two more speakers for the rear parcel shelf, I know they aint the same size as the front but can anyone tell me which kind is best so it can fit into the case? thanks guys..
Echo'ing whats been said, bass will just f**k your hearing up.

Fit a bigger turbo or something productive.. Wink
Personally I like shit loads of bass can't get enough

But you need a decent set of speakers amped components ideally

Otherwise it will be all bass no vocals and will sound shit
Same here danny, i brought a sub 1500w and it was shitt.. so got new sub with serperate amp was good but was thinking of more bass, i might just leave it for the time being i am just going to upgrade the rear speakers but need the correct fitment to the old ones as i dont want to cut a bigger hole and i want a case on top of the speaker..
Theres alot of bass.. and theres alot of bass.. Which way do you want to go? im assuming from what you've said previously.. u want loud bass on all songs you play.. Rather then bass to hit high DB in competitions and stuff.
As ive been there and done that with the comps and to play normal everyday songs.. the subs where horrific.. give or take a few.
Your best bet seems to me.. is get two 12s in a properly specced box, some decent mids and tweeters.. and run them all off seperate amps.. But make sure the amps are actaully good and not just just halford jobbies.. as you will be disapointed.

Saying all that.. it goes more in depth.. as to run alot of bass.. you need the alternator power/Cable thickness to hold the voltage so you dont fry the amps etc..

But im talking really big bass with all that^^
it really all depends how loud you wana go as to what qaulity you will need to buy in the components.
I think this is what you're after... Big Grin

[Image: boot1-1.jpg]

[Image: donny_north_2k8_0831.jpg]

lol
Why dont you do a nice install with false floor for the amps and a 12" sub at one end. Amp the fronts with focals and you will have a decent setup...

do this...
[Image: 03082010096.jpg]

NOT THIS...
[Image: gaud16.jpg]

and if you have appauling taste...

[Image: 000_0264.jpg]
if you buy a sub from Bradford don't ask for ham with it . . . . . . .they frown on shit like that . . .Itwasntme
thanks mike does help will give it a second thought..

(29-07-2014, 02:32 PM)Mike Wrote: [ -> ]Theres alot of bass.. and theres alot of bass.. Which way do you want to go? im assuming from what you've said previously.. u want loud bass on all songs you play.. Rather then bass to hit high DB in competitions and stuff.
As ive been there and done that with the comps and to play normal everyday songs.. the subs where horrific.. give or take a few.
Your best bet seems to me.. is get two 12s in a properly specced box, some decent mids and tweeters.. and run them all off seperate amps.. But make sure the amps are actaully good and not just just halford jobbies.. as you will be disapointed.

Saying all that.. it goes more in depth.. as to run alot of bass.. you need the alternator power/Cable thickness to hold the voltage so you dont fry the amps etc..

But im talking really big bass with all that^^
it really all depends how loud you wana go as to what qaulity you will need to buy in the components.

Funny enough i saw these pics yesterday going through what boot builds would look like in a 306.. something like that design is nice but will be a bit too much as i want to keep the parcel shelf..

(29-07-2014, 03:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is what you're after... Big Grin

[Image: boot1-1.jpg]

[Image: donny_north_2k8_0831.jpg]

lol

that is exactly the type im looking for.. something that looks normal same colour as my carpet and not big.. the damn thing is that i dont want it to cover the rear light section as if a bulb goes it is going to be a pain to change the bulb.. but is what im looking for.. the second and thrid picture.. defo noo..

(29-07-2014, 05:06 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]Why dont you do a nice install with false floor for the amps and a 12" sub at one end. Amp the fronts with focals and you will have a decent setup...

do this...
[Image: 03082010096.jpg]

NOT THIS...
[Image: gaud16.jpg]

and if you have appauling taste...

[Image: 000_0264.jpg]

I noticed that from when i went to pick up a car with my dad lol

(29-07-2014, 05:10 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]if you buy a sub from Bradford don't ask for ham with it . . . . . . .they frown on shit like that . . .Itwasntme