306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Pug 306 clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering I just got a 306 is there any way of making the clutch peddle lighter or just how they are
Think theres a guide in the guides section.

Essentially there is a spring on the pedal that can be removed and if not swap the clutch cable.
Ok thank you Smile
And the bushes in the bellhousing that the clutch fork sit in.
^^^this. They get gunked up badly. Get a good lube with a nozzle and try and feed some in....dont get the clutch though!!!
They just wear being plastic, new ones make a hell of a difference! New clutch, cable and fork bushes make for a lighter clutch, still heavy compared to most though!
Yeah but fork bushes are a box off job.
Yep, but that's the only thing that really makes a difference tbh, and if the box is off to do the clutch anyway its alright.

In my last HDi I done the clutch and cable but couldn't get the arm off to change the bushes. Was better but still heavy/notchy. In this one I done exactly the same but persevered with arm so I could change the bushes and its the best clutch I've ever had in a HDi tbh! 1.8 clutch was still nicer but that was smaller/weaker so to be expected.