306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Standards of driving rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thats true.. the police dont do shit!! If it was us then yh probs 3points and fine..

(30-07-2014, 10:28 AM)Slam Wagon Wrote: [ -> ]Had some twat in a bmw undertake me on a single lane roundabout while i was indicating left for the next exit. Nearly wiped out my front end squeezing in and he seemed completely oblivous to what he had just done. No point even reporting bad driving or anything as nothing can or will be done.
As Chris said further up, coppers are more interested in easy convictions like speeding, not wearing seatbelts, not declaring mods, phone use and the like rather than things that are debatable like dangerous or careless driving. Thing is, the vast majority of really dangerous stuff like tailgating, undertaking, not indicating, changing lanes without looking/caring falls under these headings and so goes unpunished...
Tom what bit do you find confusing?? Smile

(30-07-2014, 10:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Your upside down quotes are really confusing! Confused

I must admit, I'm bad for speeding...but then, why does an empty 3 mile road between 2 villages need to be 40 instead of 60?...and people still struggle to hit 40 anyway. Dodgy That's until they get to the next 30mph village and shoot through it at 45.... Confused

The other one is dual carriageways, I just cant seem to stick at 70 unless I'm rigidly watching the speedo or on cruise control. Just keep creeping to about 85 otherwise.

I know its bad and every time I change car I promise myself I'll stick to the speed limits....doesn't even last the first drive usually. :facepalm:
Motorbikes are the ones that are really getting my back up, f*cking fair weather power rangers.

Had one run a red light from the left yesterday as i was coming across a junction, 2 seconds later he'd have hit me. No attempt to stop or anything, rode between two lanes of traffic, stuck his head over the cars to have a half arsed look then popped out in front of me. Proceeded to then overtake people navigating the speed bumps on the wrong side of the road, wheelying at like 60+ in a 30 zone with freshly laid stones over tar (as in flinging shitloads of stones at people).

If I could have gotten a look at his illegal registration plate i'd have reported him to the police. Absolute twat.

Had so many poor examples of driving from motorbikes in the last 6 weeks. Had one fly past me at what i can only describe as mach 1 in a 50mph single carriageway. He must have been doing 140mph in the middle of the day, overtook 9 cars in a row and only just made it back in before getting in the way of a car coming the other way. I came him a wanker sign as he flew up behind me.

I'm tempted to install a dash cam and start reporting these idiots to the police, someone did it to me causing me to have my collar felt once when I was doing nothing wrong, so why should these arseholes get away with it.
Tell you the truth mate they r dickheads but you would of only been wasting your time reporting him.. like we said earlier police dont do f*ck all about dangerous driving.. as liam said they r interested in people on phones etc..

(30-07-2014, 10:35 AM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]Motorbikes are the ones that are really getting my back up, f*cking fair weather power rangers.

Had one run a red light from the left yesterday as i was coming across a junction, 2 seconds later he'd have hit me. No attempt to stop or anything, rode between two lanes of traffic, stuck his head over the cars to have a half arsed look then popped out in front of me. Proceeded to then overtake people navigating the speed bumps on the wrong side of the road, wheelying at like 60+ in a 30 zone with freshly laid stones over tar (as in flinging shitloads of stones at people).

If I could have gotten a look at his illegal registration plate i'd have reported him to the police. Absolute twat.

Had so many poor examples of driving from motorbikes in the last 6 weeks. Had one fly past me at what i can only describe as mach 1 in a 50mph single carriageway. He must have been doing 140mph in the middle of the day, overtook 9 cars in a row and only just made it back in before getting in the way of a car coming the other way. I came him a wanker sign as he flew up behind me.

I'm tempted to install a dash cam and start reporting these idiots to the police, someone did it to me causing me to have my collar felt once when I was doing nothing wrong, so why should these arseholes get away with it.
At least with bikers you have the consolation that eventually riding like that, they WILL end up dead.
Yup that is why when i drive in london i always look out for bikers.. they r the worst!!

(30-07-2014, 10:45 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]At least with bikers you have the consolation that eventually riding like that, they WILL end up dead.
"Look out for Bikers"

Well infact, if they rode at the same speeds as cars, it'd be vastly different... It's simply because bikes can put on and scrub off speed SO rapidly, that they round a corner at 110mph or so, which no car can do and someone will pull out on them because they are only anticipating anything to be coming doing a 50mph - the bike can scrub off 60mph in the blink of an eye and appear to hit the car at 50mph. Conversely a car doing 110 would maybe scrub 20mph off or so...

I am all for bikes, but unfortunately it's the typical compatibility problem - very fast bikes vs relatively slow cars - they just don't mix.
That's not strictly true. If you make a statement about dangerous driving, by law they have to follow it up. It may not lead to conviction, but then it depends on what driving history he has too.

I had my collar felt when some immigrant twat trying to queue jump in birmingham hit the kerb trying to cut me up from a left turn lane. HE reported ME for dangerous driving and then i had to go down the cop shop for an interview 4 months later out of the blue. I took all the google maps images of the junction with road markings and explained how I had done nothing wrong, it resulted in a reprimand of the driver making the allegations who probably didn't even have a UK licence anyway.

you can tell the ones who ride really poorly are the fair weather riders, all year riders have plenty more wit about them.
They also don't tend to drive like a complete twat in built-up areas.
(30-07-2014, 02:52 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]They also don't tend to drive like a complete twat in built-up areas.

They bloody do! I regularly get overtaken by bikers doing 50 in a 30 on the main road at the end of my street.
(30-07-2014, 10:33 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]Tom what bit do you find confusing?? Smile

(30-07-2014, 10:01 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Your upside down quotes are really confusing! Confused

Everyone else writes under the quote (like this lol), so you see the quote then read the reply to the quote, whereas yours are upside down lol... Confused
I get u lol, it is confusing..

(30-07-2014, 03:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-07-2014, 10:33 AM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]Tom what bit do you find confusing?? Smile

Everyone else writes under the quote (like this lol), so you see the quote then read the reply to the quote, whereas yours are upside down lol... Confused
(30-07-2014, 03:23 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: [ -> ]I get u lol, it is confusing..

(30-07-2014, 03:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Its not, just push quote and write UNDER it lol
You've missed my point there Josh, which is that by retaliating you just put yourself in exactly the same group as the "twat" you're having a disagreement with. Ok, so he wants to drive like a tosser, that's up to him, but you retaliated by forcing him into a corner, which increases the chance of an accident even further.

What did you gain from it? Elevated adrenaline levels which reduce your attention on the road and encourages further aggressive behaviour. A vendetta-type distraction with the taxi which means you're spending more time looking behind than you should be, just to see what the taxi is playing at now. Increased stress levels which will most likely have impacted a good part of the following hours. Oh but you kept 1 car's length further ahead than you would have been and showed some tosser that you can drive just as badly... See what i mean yet? Not having a go at you, just trying to get you to realise what you're doing.

Taking it a step further, what if you'd actually ended up having an accident as a result..? Would you have admitted to yourself that you were just as much to blame, or would you have planted it all on the taxi driver? Being honest with ourselves about our own short-comings is most of the battle to avoid becoming just another muppet on the road, which most seem to agree is the major problem with our roads. As Niall says, we have to take responsibility for our own actions.

Again, not meant as a personal attack, you just happened to be the person to provide the ideal material for me to use as an example. Big Grin
Just to stand up for bikers a bit.

Its like chavs. One group give them all a bad name.

Generally we all love the freedom and feeling of being on two wheels. And we are safe and courteous.

But who notices that?? We all notice the morrons. But as said, have no fear, they will pull themself out the gene pool soon enough Smile
(30-07-2014, 08:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Just to stand up for bikers a bit.

Its like chavs. One group give them all a bad name.

Generally we all love the freedom and feeling of being on two wheels. And we are safe and courteous.

But who notices that?? We all notice the morrons. But as said, have no fear, they will pull themself out the gene pool soon enough Smile

Yes. Sadly you really, really notice when someone is driving like a willy on a bike because they are capable of very high speeds and are often really loud.
Just been for a drive to Otley and back to enjoy the new tape deck, long, straight, quiet NSL road, no oncoming traffic. See HIDs a long way behind approaching very fast, move in to the left, because surely he'll just blat past me at 125mph with no oncoming traffic. Nope, I hear tyres squealing and then he's tailgating me at 60, blasting his horn and flashing his stupid blue fairy lights.

At this point I lost it, mainly because Gen was in the car and I'm always more bothered for her safety, stopped the car, he pulled up behind me, and I chased him down the road waving a wheel brace, then when he'd run off, I kicked his mirrors off on the way back. Not like he uses them anyway.

I'm not even sorry.
dont mess with Liam

lmao
(30-07-2014, 10:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]dont mess with Liam

lmao

I wouldn't. Just look at him. He looks like a right 'orible wanker Wink
Had a wheel brace and only the mirrors got It I'm dissapointed Liam

95% of bikers are lady gardens
(30-07-2014, 10:18 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Had a wheel brace and only the mirrors got It I'm dissapointed Liam

95% of bikers are lady gardens

5% are

95% are fine. But no one rants about how good the 95% are!
Had 2 near misses on a roundabout today! Got cut up on the first one by a twat in a Astra van. And the the next roundabout like 100 yards down the road from my first near miss a guy in a sprinter van cut all 3 lanes! And missed me by inches, worst day driving I've ever had since I've been on the road. Experience doesn't mean anything anymore
I had some bell end in a sprinter other day those that have been to mine know what a nightmare it
Is to get off my drive, no one lets you out

So I pull out and set off slowly to let someone pull out of the junction this sprinter comes flying up my arse he was that close I couldn't see his lights, I was doing 3mph if that so a jab on the brakes stopped me dead followed by his locking up

Backed off for the test of the journey was hoping he would pull over when I got to the shop half a mile up the road so I could express what a wanker he is but carried on
I had a biker today, over take me at the lights, he was in the wrong lane, that was for right turn only, I knew he was going to over take me, I am not going to try a motor bike off the line, as I know I will have my arse handed to me, anyway what really pissed me off, is that he decided to sit off a car in front, rather than just over take, the car in front was going slower, as some people don't build there speed up to 60 mph, on the road. which is fare play, but he decided to over take at the last min. When I was going to over take, then decided to slow down after he over took, he then slowed down, so I thought I would over take him. then he decides to gas it up as soon as he saw I was going to over take him, He just kept the power on after that, why bother messing about, just over take the car in front and either keep your speed or let some else over take? Rather than just be a tit.
I have respect for riders and other road users, but driving a bike like that, gives riders a bad name, and pisses off other road users.
He must have thought I was racing him or been arsey with him, cause he over took me in the wrong lane at the lights??
At the end of the day, I am not going to argue with a motor bike, as I wont stand a chance, plus I could kill him etc,
But some people need to learn the road conduct, That's over take in the proper lanes etc, I have had bikers behind me on the same route, and they have just waited like I have done, and passed when it was safe to do so, I have even kept close to the kerb for them too. To make sure there is room and they are safe.
What really fucks me off with bikers is that they know full well that if you get out at the lights and confront them, they're the ones wearing a helmet, body armor and hardened gloves.
(31-07-2014, 05:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]What really fucks me off with bikers is that they know full well that if you get out at the lights and confront them, they're the ones wearing a helmet, body armor and hardened gloves.

all i saw, was just a cocky chav on a motor bike. Only time i have been close to confronting some one, was on the way back from sliverstone. Some tit in a clio was f*cking about with his radio, instead of watching the road. it was a 3 lane motor away at the time, so i was on the far right over taking him at the time, as he was doing less than 70, With him not watching where the car was going, his wheels decided to enter my lane and we were all most touching door handles! my dad was getting well worried at the time! as if we had made contact, id have gone into the centre res! my dad shouted at him and i had to steer a way a little to avoid touching!
that un settled the metro, lucky the lad behind me backed right off as he saw what was coming/ or going to happen.
clio driver makes gesters as me as though it was my fault lol, so i made them back!
after that, he pulled right over to the slow moving lane, and we went on away,
then he started again, so made them back! i said to my dad, ok he wants a go, then i will flash him and we can pull over,
my dad said f*ck it, here's our turn off. So that was that, but i tell you if we had made contact, that would have been a bad smash! me and my dad would have been killed! clio vs metro, in away just aswell it was the metro i was in at the time, if had been the 306, he would have made contact, as that car is wider.
(31-07-2014, 05:59 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]What really fucks me off with bikers is that they know full well that if you get out at the lights and confront them, they're the ones wearing a helmet, body armor and hardened gloves.

They also have limited visibility and movement - it's really not a getup you wanna fight in.

Plus they are the ones who's vehicle is supported by a tiny stick of metal, one swift kick and they're picking their crotch rocket up off the asphalt.
I get what ur saying but just saying, i didnt force him into the corner it was a green light and i went not my fault he was a bit late driving off after me... Anyway if i did have anyway saying that if i was stressed then yh it can cause an accident and i wouldnt just blame him i would say what had happened.. he kept trying to overtake me which means coming into the other lane which cars come past.. if i did have an accident i would of lost the 306 Wink

(30-07-2014, 05:51 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]You've missed my point there Josh, which is that by retaliating you just put yourself in exactly the same group as the "twat" you're having a disagreement with. Ok, so he wants to drive like a tosser, that's up to him, but you retaliated by forcing him into a corner, which increases the chance of an accident even further.

What did you gain from it? Elevated adrenaline levels which reduce your attention on the road and encourages further aggressive behaviour. A vendetta-type distraction with the taxi which means you're spending more time looking behind than you should be, just to see what the taxi is playing at now. Increased stress levels which will most likely have impacted a good part of the following hours. Oh but you kept 1 car's length further ahead than you would have been and showed some tosser that you can drive just as badly... See what i mean yet? Not having a go at you, just trying to get you to realise what you're doing.

Taking it a step further, what if you'd actually ended up having an accident as a result..? Would you have admitted to yourself that you were just as much to blame, or would you have planted it all on the taxi driver? Being honest with ourselves about our own short-comings is most of the battle to avoid becoming just another muppet on the road, which most seem to agree is the major problem with our roads. As Niall says, we have to take responsibility for our own actions.

Again, not meant as a personal attack, you just happened to be the person to provide the ideal material for me to use as an example. Big Grin
(31-07-2014, 10:33 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: [ -> ]

They also have limited visibility and movement - it's really not a getup you wanna fight in.

Plus they are the ones who's vehicle is supported by a tiny stick of metal, one swift kick and they're picking their crotch rocket up off the asphalt.
Truth be told, embarrassing though it is, the one time I had it out with a biker, his mate distracted me while he whipped his helmet off and I got it smashed down on the back of my head. Lights out!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6