306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Limp mode; O2 sensor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I right in thinking this is MAF?
In the words of the virgin mary, come again?

The 6 doesn't even have a MAF!
o2 sensor is usually a reference to the lambda isn't it? Besides, wrong section.
no "lump" mode nor limp mode on a 6, just run like a bag of spanners mode
Is this a gti or HDi!? So confused lol.
(23-07-2014, 10:25 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]In the words of the virgin mary, come again?

The 6 doesn't even have a MAF!

(24-07-2014, 06:30 AM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]o2 sensor is usually a reference to the lambda isn't it? Besides, wrong section.

(24-07-2014, 07:31 AM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]no "lump" mode nor limp mode on a 6, just run like a bag of spanners mode

(24-07-2014, 08:31 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a gti or HDi!? So confused lol.

This is in the DW10 section ... Limp mode on an HDI, plugged in and spits out code O2 sensor. I know there's no O2 sensor on an hdi so is this fault referring to a dodgy MAF sensor?
Just sounds like a crappy generic code that's no use at all. Tongue

What year is it? Most don't go limp with a bad MAF.
(24-07-2014, 09:02 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Just sounds like a crappy generic code that's no use at all. Tongue

What year is it? Most don't go limp with a bad MAF.

02? I'll have to confirm. It's an 'expert' , not that it makes much difference.

Second code was FPR, changed that, still got 02 sensor. Any other common areas to check ?
so its not a 306, but a 110 bhp dw10ated4?

you need to get specific kit on it, most commercials arent obd2.
DW10; from an expert.

It's a W plate with a front mouth; I'm clueless to variances.

At scrapyard now, anything else to look for on it?
Tbf you (clueless and owns a '6) posted in here (hdi section) asking about the o2 sensor (petrol-only item), you can see how we came to the conclusion that you'd accidentally clicked on the wrong section. lol

Anyway, second what Tom said about crappy generic code readers tbh, can't say i've ever seen a specific "FPR code" before either. That said, i've not dealt with siemens management much, so could be valid codes... *shrugs*

HTH. Big Grin
Correct me if I'm wrong but do modern Diesels not have o2 sensors? Im not too clued up on Dervs so wouldn't know when this is from but surely it could actually be an o2 sensor?
bmw use them, but the Expert isn't the very newest generation of diesels, yet.

need more details on the vehicle really as there's a handful of different HDI engines used in them.

correction, Expert 3 does have one, on two of the 4 diesels used.
I doubt an W plate expert has an O2 sensor and with a shit code reader it could be anything.

Can you get it out of limp mode and does it go back when you start driving a little quicker than a cautious run up the road first time? If so it could be the MAP sensor (assuming that as it has a FMIC its a 110) If its not that I'd go back through the fuel system as the air side of the DW rarely causes limp mode.
Gave the van a spirited drive as suggested, no change. Tried two other MAF's and no difference.

Will get back to be drawing board