306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Cutting out when breaking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My car just randomly cut out twice today when breaking, any idea what this could be?
bad earth would be my guess.
I used to have this joy with my gti... it was a faulty ICV. But it was when the revs dropped... dropped the clutch
If it's when you drop the clutch coming up to a junction, it will be ICV
(26-06-2014, 11:52 AM)MissTap_GTI6 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to have this joy with my gti... it was a faulty ICV. But it was when the revs dropped... dropped the clutch

(26-06-2014, 11:57 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]If it's when you drop the clutch coming up to a junction, it will be ICV

I've got a brand new ICV it's not when the revs are low it's just random it's only happened 2-3 times. I find it's when the car isn't warmed up or driven straight from start up
Where was the new ICV from? cheap ones dont do a great job
(26-06-2014, 12:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Where was the new ICV from? cheap ones dont do a great job

It was a brand new Magnetti Marelli one from ECP. It's a matching number one so it's definitely for my car. It idles great it just cuts the engine when I brake but like I said this is only the third time it's happened
Could be faulty.
(26-06-2014, 05:15 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Could be faulty.

That kinda sucks if it is :/ might have to give it a really good service soon and see if that fixes it
Dont dip the clutch when braking??

Left foot brake and clutchless changes like a racegodboss
(26-06-2014, 05:50 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Dont dip the clutch when braking??

Left foot brake and clutchless changes like a racegodboss

Sorted! I'll get back to my racing roots Big Grin
Get the ICV replaced again and then try it, if not then it's a dodgy earth.
(27-06-2014, 02:32 PM)JethroJay Wrote: [ -> ]Get the ICV replaced again and then try it, if not then it's a dodgy earth.

Yeah I may have to ring ECP tomorrow and see about returning it
(27-06-2014, 08:01 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-06-2014, 02:32 PM)JethroJay Wrote: [ -> ]Get the ICV replaced again and then try it, if not then it's a dodgy earth.

Yeah I may have to ring ECP tomorrow and see about returning it

It's within your rights to mate!