306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: boot squeaks!! and squawks!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have managed to narrow down all manner of rattles etc to the point where I feel I am down to one major squeak/squawk...

That of the boot.

It squeaks and squawks so much!

I cant find anything lose or that moves how it shouldnt...

Any ideas??
Sounds like you've got some kind of bird in the boot? Big Grin
Check your catch, the part that is on the body. If you turn the plastic round bit you will see the bit that catches on to the latch has worn through the plastic. By turning the plastic it will stop the metal of the latch wearing on the metal that is exposed on the catch.

I'll take some photos if that doesn't make sense.
Nice one DT...
Danny said similar actually!
Should be two rubber stops on each side Of boot lid They can screw in and out adjust them out and that will stop squeaks
Tried them kwik
Other one is tap the plastic trim on tailgate under window inside and see if that is knocking inside?

I took my old one off and padded it out and had to do same with the estate
The top rear brake light will sometimes rattle and need padding out. My car makes loads of rattling noises. Best way to solve this would be to strip it Big Grin
(25-06-2014, 08:34 AM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]The top rear brake light will sometimes rattle and need padding out. My car makes loads of rattling noises. Best way to solve this would be to strip it Big Grin

Yes I did my brake light too thinking about it
Brake light is sorted...did that first!! Haha
Lol cool another thing to check is all trim is on properly
Danny was first in...and I love him!!

It was the little plastic shrowd on the boot catch...spun it round, it had worn to the metal...and drove home...

NO SQUEAKS or rattles!!

So other than f/n/s suspension creak....it was so quiet!!!

Very pleased Smile thanks all ThumbsUp

Now just to sort the tyre/road noise!!
Glad it's sorted mate Smile
For anyone wondering what the exact issue is....

[attachment=17165]
Never even thought of checking that, cheers ?
Oh wow. May have to check that.
What are people using to pad out the trim with? Also anybody got a more perminent solution than twisting the plastic? I find it just spins back.
spiral cut some nylon air tube Wink