306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Awesome deal!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting a phase 3 bumper and a set of crystal headlights for £20 Big Grin picking up Sunday 10 minutes away from my house. Bumper will need respraying but I think that's an awesome deal Smile
Where/whos that from?
(20-06-2014, 08:45 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Where/whos that from?

A guy in patchway he's breaking his silver 2litre phase 3
Ooh where to? Tongue
Good job Smile

I remember when I had my old DT, was going to pay £110 for a ph3 bumper as it was a rare colour. Picked one up for £10 at FCS lol

Sometimes you just need to be in the right place and talk to the right person. Had a fair few bargains because of this place.
I had a crack in the rear bumper of my old PH3 GTi and couldn't find another black bumper within 100 miles of my house. Ended up getting a moonstone one for a tenner, but then it cost a bomb to get it sprayed (After I'd attempted and failed to do it myself!)
(20-06-2014, 09:02 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Ooh where to? Tongue

just by Blakeny road Smile don't know if you know that road? literally 5 doors down from my girlfriend haha

(20-06-2014, 09:05 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Good job Smile

I remember when I had my old DT, was going to pay £110 for a ph3 bumper as it was a rare colour. Picked one up for £10 at FCS lol

Sometimes you just need to be in the right place and talk to the right person. Had a fair few bargains because of this place.

wow that would have been a lot haha i feel pretty lucky especially as I'm getting crystals as well Big Grin

(20-06-2014, 09:10 PM)Orta Wrote: [ -> ]I had a crack in the rear bumper of my old PH3 GTi and couldn't find another black bumper within 100 miles of my house. Ended up getting a moonstone one for a tenner, but then it cost a bomb to get it sprayed (After I'd attempted and failed to do it myself!)

yeah I'm gonna get my old college to do it Smile i did body and paint in college
If you did body and paint why not do it yourself?

Also, I have a china ph3 bumper here that can go for a tenner if someone collects lol.
(20-06-2014, 09:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]If you did body and paint why not do it yourself?

Also, I have a china ph3 bumper here that can go for a tenner if someone collects lol.

don't have access to a spray booth since I've left college so will either get them to do it or see if i can have access too the booth for a while Smile

(20-06-2014, 09:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]If you did body and paint why not do it yourself?

i would have it for a tenner but you live too far lol
Fair enough, didn't know if you could do it with spray cans, but I don't know much about bodywork tbf.
Nothing to stop you doing it with rattle cans, I was gonna do my old ph3 bumper with cans before i crashed it, and Kentiiboii has just done his rear bumper with cans, so I'd say go for it. Obviously you'll get a better finish with the proper kit, but if all else fails, cans should do the job just fine. Wink
(20-06-2014, 09:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to stop you doing it with rattle cans, I was gonna do my old ph3 bumper with cans before i crashed it, and Kentiiboii has just done his rear bumper with cans, so I'd say go for it. Obviously you'll get a better finish with the proper kit, but if all else fails, cans should do the job just fine. Wink

yeah i can get the bumper done for like less than £60 and rattle cans will probably cost a fair bit for primer, base coat and clear coat
(20-06-2014, 10:00 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2014, 09:57 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to stop you doing it with rattle cans, I was gonna do my old ph3 bumper with cans before i crashed it, and Kentiiboii has just done his rear bumper with cans, so I'd say go for it. Obviously you'll get a better finish with the proper kit, but if all else fails, cans should do the job just fine. Wink

yeah i can get the bumper done for like less than £60 and rattle cans will probably cost a fair bit for primer, base coat and clear coat

Go for rattle cans mate, look im diy stores, I get 500ml primers, basic paints and lacquers for £2.50 they're the best cans ive ever used as well. Also plenty of body shops will mix paint for you so you get a better match.

ive been painting my rear bumper using rattle cans cost me just over £20. But take me about a week with prep work and things.
[attachment=16996][attachment=16997]

Edit: needs flatting back and polishing tomorrow after work.
(20-06-2014, 10:22 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-06-2014, 10:00 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: [ -> ]

Go for rattle cans mate, look im diy stores, I get 500ml primers, basic paints and lacquers for £2.50 they're the best cans ive ever used as well. Also plenty of body shops will mix paint for you so you get a better match.

ive been painting my rear bumper using rattle cans cost me just over £20. But take me about a week with prep work and things.

Edit: needs flatting back and polishing tomorrow after work.

That actually looks really good Smile I'll have to get some paint from work before I start my new job, how many cans did you use?
I used 1x plastic primer 1x filler primer to get it as smooth as I can but should of used actual primer. 2x colour cans becuase the first started spitting, 1x lacquer becuase I wanted it to be quite this as the standard bumpers look like they have a thick coat.

Where I got the colour from he got all different shades of e0kq and matched them to different panels on the car, hes got a really good match but I think ive let it down becuase I didnt use red primer so it's slightly lighter. So when I do the front bumper im going to jse red primer.
(20-06-2014, 10:48 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]I used 1x plastic primer 1x filler primer to get it as smooth as I can but should of used actual primer. 2x colour cans becuase the first started spitting, 1x lacquer becuase I wanted it to be quite this as the standard bumpers look like they have a thick coat.

Where I got the colour from he got all different shades of e0kq and matched them to different panels on the car, hes got a really good match but I think ive let it down becuase I didnt use red primer so it's slightly lighter. So when I do the front bumper im going to jse red primer.

Fair enough Smile I'll have too see what I can do with it
Yeah I know where that is, might have to drive past lol do you know they guy? Or has he just got adverts in the car windows?
If you've done body work in college you'll know all about the prep work.
With rattle cans keep a rag with you to wipe the nozzle regular cos it does build up.
Billy bargain mate
(20-06-2014, 11:00 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know where that is, might have to drive past lol do you know they guy? Or has he just got adverts in the car windows?

I don't know him, my friend tagged me on his add he put out on Facebook Smile

(20-06-2014, 11:02 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]If you've done body work in college you'll know all about the prep work.
With rattle cans keep a rag with you to wipe the nozzle regular cos it does build up.

Yeah if I go down the rattle can route then I'll be extra careful haha

(20-06-2014, 11:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Billy bargain mate

Yeah I'm really happy Smile just gotta find out how to change my lights to crystals
Really easy to change them mate, you just need to keep the adjuster from your frosted lights.
(20-06-2014, 11:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Really easy to change them mate, you just need to keep the adjuster from your frosted lights.

What's the adjuster? Is that what adjusts the angle of the light ?
(20-06-2014, 11:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Really easy to change them mate, you just need to keep the adjuster from your frosted lights.

No you don't.

I swapped from frosted to crystal on the old car, only thing I needed to change was the stalk as crystals are twin optic.
(20-06-2014, 11:12 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]

No you don't.

I swapped from frosted to crystal on the old car, only thing I needed to change was the stalk as crystals are twin optic.

How do I know if mine is currently twin optic?

No you don't.

Sorry I have a '6 so twin optic stalk anyway, but im sure the adjusters are different.
(21-06-2014, 12:33 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]

No you don't.

Sorry I have a '6 so twin optic stalk anyway, but im sure the adjusters are different.

Correct, I had to change mine aswell, pretty sure the plug is different