306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rev counter dropping out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all hope i got the right section im eyeing up a dtub which states the airbag light is intermitent (heard a lot about this on here something about soldering wires together or taking the bag out), but what most concerns me is he says the only other problem is the rev counter dropping out occasionally e.g. revs say 0mph when moving.

Is this a common problem? or at least is there a definate fix

i like the look of it but ive heard bad things about the electrics in a 306 and weas just wondering if there was a fix to this thanks
What phase is it? Some are cable driver some are electric
(15-06-2014, 07:11 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: [ -> ]What phase is it? Some are cable driver some are electric

its a R reg so i think it'd be a phase 2
Is the rev counter dropping out or the speedo?? " Revs say 0mph"
Whether its revs or speedo, it'll either be a sensor fault or the plugs in the back of the clocks. If you're really unlucky a wiring fault. Buying a 306 you will have some electrical issues to fix, better to get one that the sellers honest about imo...
Happened my bros 3 0 not so long again, his was some relay or fuse at fault will find out for sure later though
(16-06-2014, 06:02 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: [ -> ]Is the rev counter dropping out or the speedo?? " Revs say 0mph"

sorry yes its the revs after rereading the description so it says 0 revs which in my opinion is better than the speedo dropping out
sensor on the crank case.. held in by a 10mm bolt, itll be at the back top of the gearbox if its on the same side as mine..

they are a few quid off ebay, reasonable from pug stealers too.