306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Just gauging interest: phase 1 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just gauging interest on this at the moment.

[Image: pug1_zpsa1cf2c09.jpg]
[Image: pug2_zps1bf78dba.jpg]
[Image: pug4_zps21a28629.jpg]
[Image: pug3_zpsa0446e19.jpg]
[Image: pug5_zps091202fa.jpg]
[Image: pug6_zps93473598.jpg]

Mechanics:
Spot on, just had a lot of work done including new head gasket (including head skim), various other gaskets when head was being done (Eg, valve cover, exhaust mani etc), New cambelt, New clutch/clutch cable/gearbox oil, 4 new tyres fitted and balanced by kwik-fit (Budgets).

All work has been carried out professionally with receipts.

Work done by previous owner in last 2 years, New windscreen, New water pump, New rear drums, New battery. Again, all professionally with receipts.

Exterior:
Great considering original 18 year old paintwork. Obviously the odd little scratch/chip but nothing noticeable unless you look very hard.

Interior:
Front seats quite worn, previous owner put some universal covers on that do the job. Every else great condition. Carpet and headliner spot on, no leaks. All controls/electrics work as they should.

In car entertainment:
Sony xplod head unit (USB or AUX inputs in front), FLI front door speakers and alpine active subwoofer in rear foot well.

6 month tax, 3 month test.

Reason for getting rid: i've ridden bikes for the past 3 and a half years and changed over to a car. I regret it and want to get back on 2 wheels
Price?! Undecided
Absolutely no idea, car owes me £8-900 but i know i'll never get that so i'm open to offers
I'll be blunt mate...
Ebay it.

Be unlikely anyone wants the slowest oldest 306 made on here. And if they did, they wouldnt pay over £300
No piggy a nad is definitely slower Wink
eBay is certainly your best bet. What made you spend double what you paid for the car, on repairs?
(14-06-2014, 08:39 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]No piggy a nad is definitely slower Wink

at least a NAD would be economical to run and blow its head every 10k! lol
(14-06-2014, 08:39 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]No piggy a nad is definitely slower Wink

True. And in Europe there was a 1.1 306 as well....definitely slower lol! Plus the tax on a NAD is twice as much lol.

Nothing wrong with a 1.4 tbh, cheap to tax and insure, 45mpg, and being petrol can make bwarps which is what every 17 year old wants. Wink A ph3 Meridian would still be well specced as well.....but unfortunately this is a pov spec ph1...

That said, its worth about £250 tbh. Im sure we had this discussion in the chatbox when you were contemplating wasting money on it. Wink
But there wasnt any 1.1s here! Wink

I will believe 45mpg when I see it from those old 1.4s!! Maybe a late 1.4...but not that early one!
I think P should be multipoint? My R reg ph2 was MPI and achieved 45mpg average back in 2009....petrol was only a pound a litre then as well!

I have seen 48mpg from an X reg ph3 on a run, but wouldn't average that lol.