306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Gauging Value...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first off, not sure if this should go in here or somehwere else, so mods, feel free to move it as you see fit.

ok so basically, same ol same ol, my car is expensive to run, so im wondering how much id be able to sell it for to fund something cheaper.

here it is:

'98 (S) five door XSi
99k miles on the clock
mot till june
6 months tax

interior is standard and very clewan, no rips/tears/burns/fading etc

ac doesnt work

mechanically sound, apart from a knock from front N/S, probably topmount

body is pretty good, apart from the rear O/S door has been hit, and the rear quarter has taken some damage too

bonnet is slightly creased, and the usual stone chips up front

mods are:

yellow tinted crystals and yellow tinted fogs. which of course can be put to standard if it'll increase value

itll be on tidied up lasers, with good tyres, not the steels

ill get some pics in the thread when photobucket stops cocking about, otherwise just look here http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1841
Drop a derv in it!
^^ Is that your answer to everything?
Kimmie Wrote:^^ Is that your answer to everything?

Yes haha
Matt Wrote:
Kimmie Wrote:^^ Is that your answer to everything?

Yes haha

Its a good answer!
pfffff im not derving my perv, that would be a mortal sin, and i would have to perform seppuku to bring honour back to my family.

all i want to know is how much the bitch is worth! i was thinking somewhere in the region of 5-700?
Looks in good condition, but it's not a popular colour or phase and nobody wants a 2.0 16v atm - would guess £600 if you're willing to wait for the sale, 450-500 if not.
Poodle Wrote:Looks in good condition, but it's not a popular colour or phase and nobody wants a 2.0 16v atm - would guess £600 if you're willing to wait for the sale, 450-500 if not.

Its a fairly rare colour! considering I have only seen it on '97 cars (be them late P, R or early S reg) and everybody seems to like it as a colour! But I would also guess your estimate to be pretty accurate TBH!
mark_airey Wrote:
Poodle Wrote:Looks in good condition, but it's not a popular colour or phase and nobody wants a 2.0 16v atm - would guess £600 if you're willing to wait for the sale, 450-500 if not.

Its a fairly rare colour! considering I have only seen it on '97 cars (be them late P, R or early S reg) and everybody seems to like it as a colour! But I would also guess your estimate to be pretty accurate TBH!
Joe bloggs wont know its a rare colour
Best bet is open markwt free ads pistonheads ebay autotrader or similar would be the best bet
4WayDiablo Wrote:Joe bloggs wont know its a rare colour
Best bet is open markwt free ads pistonheads ebay autotrader or similar would be the best bet

And who cares if people do know its a rare colour??................ was just saying............ *facepalm*
mark_airey Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Joe bloggs wont know its a rare colour

And who cares if people do know its a rare colour??................ was just saying............ *facepalm*
Yeh i know just sayin is all
4WayDiablo Wrote:Yeh i know just spamming is all

EFA Wink
mark_airey Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Yeh i know just spamming is all

EFA Wink
Too true ... i think
4WayDiablo Wrote:Too true ... i think

Well you joined the forum 18 mins before I did and have nearly double my post count...............and its not like I hardly post is it! There is no thinking required on this one lmao your title even agrees!
haha 1way spamming away after some meaningful input lol

as for the value, i figured people wouldn't want a big petrol, so 500 was pretty much where i was thinking if i just wanted rid.

atleast that'd pay for the car i've got my eyes on right now... ninja
ok well the car i wanted has now gone, bah hum bug

what do people reckon she'll be worth to a trader?
samass Wrote:haha 1way spamming away after some meaningful input lol

as for the value, i figured people wouldn't want a big petrol, so 500 was pretty much where i was thinking if i just wanted rid.

atleast that'd pay for the car i've got my eyes on right now... ninja
Well it would be rude not to reply to them :-P

And to a trader? You mean part ex? Or a dealer? Probably less to a dealer tbf they will want a mark up on it and as for trade ins you can usually get a good price
samass Wrote:ok well the car i wanted has now gone, bah hum bug

what do people reckon she'll be worth to a trader?

About £300 lol..........

Traders don't want old. big petrol engined cars....they're difficult to shift.

Gumtree/eBay/poster in the window will be your best bet imo.