306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tyre Fitting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does it cost £ra*e.99?!

I've been quoted anything from £40 to £93 to swap some tyres over from one set of wheels to another?? Its mental, my mate's dad would've done it for £20, but can't fit me in today Sad

Anyway, just felt the need to rant.
Protyre wanted £10 plus vat per wheel just to remove some tyres when i got my wheels painted. Took it to a local garage on my way past, £10 total and done in 5 mins. Its rediculous.
I could do it myself in less than an hour eith access to the machines! It's balls.
Id say come down here early and ill do them for you, but youre coming down tomorrow arent you?
£5 to swap a wheel here, another few quid for balancing, weights ain't cheap lol
Yeah, couldn't afford a weekend ticket unfortunately, although ironically this is going to bring my cost up to the same as if I'd stayed lol
Guy at ATS has fitted and balanced to various wheels inc centreless cyclones for a fiver a wheel for me... It doesn't have to be expensive!
My day just keeps getting better, turns out what I thought were a set of 16 extra long bolts were two different lengths, so half of them aren't long enough for my spacers Sad

Wondering whether to use the studs and nuts I have, which means using ghey blue nuts, or just giving up on fitting these wheels completely :/

Just rang ATS, also £10p/w...there must be a bloody tyre fitting cartel Tongue
I get them fitted and balanced for free cousin has a mobile tyre buisness not to rub salt in the wounds or anything Wink
Aaaaand the studs are too short as well. No new wheels for me. Ghey.